Season 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So let's think about 2021.
1. turbo likely to miss 6 months of footy if it's indeed a rotator cuff. But look at his sick leave record, he'll break down soon after anyway. Need a Fullback.
2. Jorge. Apparently Achilles = returns half the player, but if u already can't run,then your certainly done. So at MAN expect to see him saved, he will be back, playing the entire year slower then ever.
3. Walker. rumour already been told not wanted. Won't play 6 if Forans can hobble on one leg. Cant defend how DES wants at centre. He just can't do it. Then there are doors to punch and then there is pretty Ms Alex not letting him play PlayStation.
4. Suli History suggests will return 50 kg heavier after the off season.
5. Garrick or SAAB ones been told he's being off'd even though he doesn't want to go. The other seems adverse to travel, so doubt he'd find his way to MAN..
6. Forans played how many games in the last 3 years. 2020 it will be different because?
7. DCE. Tries hard. just not in the areas a 7 needs too. 2020 his worst year ever individually. Put a 6 on his back and buy a proper 7.
8. AFB best prop in the game gone.
9. Let's just say we don't have one.
10 Boyle solid fill in gone.
11.Waddel gone. The ideal forward in 6 again footy. Think we will regret that one.
12. Guac by far our best in that spot, so of course he can't get a game. Prob gone.
13. JAKE. Might have Dean Laidley syndrome. Always Crying . Has just moved out of home? = more KFC and some growing up to do off field which just makes on field a go through the motions thing a few years.

14. Hoppa probably gone. Daddy just wants his money and he will do what daddy wants unless he does what mummy wants and goes on a mission.
15. Fainu. Sept or Gone for good. Wouldn't have played in 2 years. Now has a dodgy shoulder. He will need few runs to get back. Think 2022 or 2023.

Little wonder this team is a wreck really.

1 Trbojevic
2 Fusitua
3 Funa
4 Walker
5 Garrick
6 Schuster
7 DCE
8 Jake
9 Brandon Smith
10Taupau
11Olakau'atu
12Gosiewski
13Sironen
14Cust
15Davey
16Paseka
17Keppie

Others, Harper,Parker,Phythian,Koula,Weekes,Boyle,Saddler,Titmuss,Fainu,Fainu,Tuitavake,ZDC,Trbojevic
I quite like this side. Just by adding a decent tough hooker and gun winger side balances out

How does everyone think we will line up for 2021

1 T Trbojevic
2 T Funa
3 B Parker / D Walker
4 M Suli / M Harper
5 R Garrick / A Hopoate
6 J Schuster /D Walker
7 DCE
8 T Paseka
9 C Cust/ M Fainu
10 M Taupau
11 J Gosiewski
12 C Sironen
13 J Trojevic

14 ??
15 H Olakau'atu
16 T Sipley
17 A Davey

Re: TOLU KOULA - Does anyone know what the situation is with this player? Current GPS sprint Champion and Aus. Schoolboy team. Has the speed that Manly desperately needs.

There's plenty of weak teams in the bottom half of the 8 to make space for us next season. We have had an atrocious season no doubt about it but Des is a good tactician and we will come back ready to capitalise on the new rules next season. I suspect our players will be given different training regimes and weight targets to divert a bit from the power game to something more dynamic - we were caught off guard by the rule changes but will adapt. There is nothing really wrong with our roster other than hooker that won't be improved with a bit of confidence and fitness.

And Brandon Smith as well!!
Player Swaps. FMD. More fool the Wests tigers for being the storms reserve grade this year. They put 12 months work into developing a player for the Storm LOL. That help the tigers in 2021. Player swaps just another way to keep the strong teams strong, and those at the bottom reserves.

Player Swaps. FMD. More fool the Wests tigers for being the storms reserve grade this year. They put 12 months work into developing a player for the Storm LOL. That help the tigers in 2021. Player swaps just another way to keep the strong teams strong, and those at the bottom reserves.
Yes hasn’t Harry developed well there only to be lost at years end.

Yes we were horrible yesterday but still think we can turn it around. Dez will have a full off season to address the weak areas, already moving players and staff on.

A lot of the players looked underdone (expectedly) and some just burnt out yesterday. Again, players out of position such as Funa at wing, Levi and Crocker not up to NRL and the spirit is gone, add that to Tom having a shocker. Looking at Titans tries, they were soft, they were nothing special and came from our mistakes. We didn't clean up 3 easy kicks that lead to tries, were missing tackles on the wing that should of been made, and we're not patient with the ball but all these things can be fixed with attitude and having the right players in key positions.

You put a good tough hooker in that side who can hold the middle and not be so selfish with the ball, a genuine Winger who can slide as that is how Manly are coached, Shuster or Foran at 6 and give Quac a go as he has some real potential I think the side will perform a lot better. I never noticed it as much as yesterday that you need a genuine Winger on the wing, not a centre and a hooker who can tackle. Levi first impact sends him back pedalling 5m! Then to top it off both Crocker and Levi dummy to much when we have a half chance and waste tackles or Crocker throws ridiculous balls to no one or behind players. A few key player adjustments and Dez to change game plan to suit new rules and we will be ok

Before we start predicting our own illusion future
Lets just wait and see what Des has in store with our real future
I am sure we are in for some nice surprises and good fortune

So let's think about 2021.
1. turbo likely to miss 6 months of footy if it's indeed a rotator cuff. But look at his sick leave record, he'll break down soon after anyway. Need a Fullback.
2. Jorge. Apparently Achilles = returns half the player, but if u already can't run,then your certainly done. So at MAN expect to see him saved, he will be back, playing the entire year slower then ever.
3. Walker. rumour already been told not wanted. Won't play 6 if Forans can hobble on one leg. Cant defend how DES wants at centre. He just can't do it. Then there are doors to punch and then there is pretty Ms Alex not letting him play PlayStation.
4. Suli History suggests will return 50 kg heavier after the off season.
5. Garrick or SAAB ones been told he's being off'd even though he doesn't want to go. The other seems adverse to travel, so doubt he'd find his way to MAN..
6. Forans played how many games in the last 3 years. 2020 it will be different because?
7. DCE. Tries hard. just not in the areas a 7 needs too. 2020 his worst year ever individually. Put a 6 on his back and buy a proper 7.
8. AFB best prop in the game gone.
9. Let's just say we don't have one.
10 Boyle solid fill in gone.
11.Waddel gone. The ideal forward in 6 again footy. Think we will regret that one.
12. Guac by far our best in that spot, so of course he can't get a game. Prob gone.
13. JAKE. Might have Dean Laidley syndrome. Always Crying . Has just moved out of home? = more KFC and some growing up to do off field which just makes on field a go through the motions thing a few years.

14. Hoppa probably gone. Daddy just wants his money and he will do what daddy wants unless he does what mummy wants and goes on a mission.
15. Fainu. Sept or Gone for good. Wouldn't have played in 2 years. Now has a dodgy shoulder. He will need few runs to get back. Think 2022 or 2023.

Little wonder this team is a wreck really.
The club has already ruled out a rotator cuff injury for Tom. No surgery required they said.

I think we need a little shake up in the coaching and training ranks. I’m not privy to the inner workings, but the outcomes are there for all to see. It seems the playing group is fractured and stale. We need to work on team unity, fitness and injury prevention. Some injuries can’t be helped, but many can.

I also think we should hold off on Des’ extension until mid ‘21 to see how we are tracking.

We need an injection of life into this team, some fresh perspectives and someone who can knit this team together. Look at the unity at the Panthers - it’s undeniable.

Re: TOLU KOULA - Does anyone know what the situation is with this player? Current GPS sprint Champion and Aus. Schoolboy team. Has the speed that Manly desperately needs.
I think he has signed with Manly. The problem is he’s still only 16 or 17.

I might get my wish and DCE plays hooker;-) it was tongue in cheak. Lol. But he does need to value possession so much more. I don't care what anyone says be DCE Doesn't spend enough time practicing short kicks or goal kicking.

I like the idea of Foran to hooker he would kick a bit. Can can control a game. But we've seen him since a whopper snapper and has he ever played there! Most of all I just can not see his body handling 6 never mind 9.

And this baggage Foz would bring is he on the gear?

Look. I'm going out on a limb here. As a Manly supporter since the mid 60s, I've never seen Manly so low. Even in the post Beagle days there was a light in the tunnel. There seems this push to, on emotional grounds and based on previous history, to bring back a player who is well passed his prime, is injury plagued and likely to take the role of 5/8 in the side thereby shutting the door on one of the most exciting young talents I've seen rise from the Manly ranks. DUMB, TRULY DUMB. Zorba hits the nail dead centre. If Manly brings back Foran and stifles this kids rise, thereby risking losing him, then Manly is cellar occupants for years to come. And I certainly wont be supporting DUMB decisions like that and a team that makes such decisions. Get real. Even as a no 14 its DUMB. They have some outstanding young talent coming through. Des has to stop living in the Triassic Period and get into todays world.

Said my piece. Its DUMB and yeh I'm bloody angry for the club that they are falling into this mire.

One of the things that needs to happen is a complete review over the coming weeks of the strength and conditioning department.

Looking at the players that are playing each week whether they've played all season or a couple of games, most of them look under done physically and it showed at it's peak level yesterday.

I know we've had success with Donny in the past however I'm not sure that he's the best option moving forward, and head physio James Rahme, he just doesn't fill me with confidence.

There's plenty of weak teams in the bottom half of the 8 to make space for us next season. We have had an atrocious season no doubt about it but Des is a good tactician and we will come back ready to capitalise on the new rules next season. I suspect our players will be given different training regimes and weight targets to divert a bit from the power game to something more dynamic - we were caught off guard by the rule changes but will adapt. There is nothing really wrong with our roster other than hooker that won't be improved with a bit of confidence and fitness.
Nothing really wrong with our roster?

Zero back row punch or size.
Losing our best prop
No hooker or decent backup hooker
No attacking kicking game
Star fullback always Injured
Centres are sub par.
Best centre always injured
Wingers are worst in the comp, no size or speed
We can't defend kicks
We can't make a line break from anywhere on the field
No marquee names ever sign with our club any more

But yeah, let's just get "fitter".

Yes we were horrible yesterday but still think we can turn it around. Dez will have a full off season to address the weak areas, already moving players and staff on.

A lot of the players looked underdone (expectedly) and some just burnt out yesterday. Again, players out of position such as Funa at wing, Levi and Crocker not up to NRL and the spirit is gone, add that to Tom having a shocker. Looking at Titans tries, they were soft, they were nothing special and came from our mistakes. We didn't clean up 3 easy kicks that lead to tries, were missing tackles on the wing that should of been made, and we're not patient with the ball but all these things can be fixed with attitude and having the right players in key positions.

You put a good tough hooker in that side who can hold the middle and not be so selfish with the ball, a genuine Winger who can slide as that is how Manly are coached, Shuster or Foran at 6 and give Quac a go as he has some real potential I think the side will perform a lot better. I never noticed it as much as yesterday that you need a genuine Winger on the wing, not a centre and a hooker who can tackle. Levi first impact sends him back pedalling 5m! Then to top it off both Crocker and Levi dummy to much when we have a half chance and waste tackles or Crocker throws ridiculous balls to no one or behind players. A few key player adjustments and Dez to change game plan to suit new rules and we will be ok
Absolutely Croker and Levi shouldn't sniff our 17 and constantly playing our backline out of position has killed any rhythm or flow. But to be honest we just don't have the cattle in the backline and we are missing a strike backrower.

Surely we have some cap if we lose AFB and Walker...

Nothing really wrong with our roster?

Zero back row punch or size.
Losing our best prop
No hooker or decent backup hooker
No attacking kicking game
Star fullback always Injured
Centres are sub par.
Best centre always injured
Wingers are worst in the comp, no size or speed
We can't defend kicks
We can't make a line break from anywhere on the field
No marquee names ever sign with our club any more