Season 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Look no further than donny mate..he is 1 that doesnt get a mention but we are injury prone and unfit and its up to donny and he has failed terribly
He is not blameless but hardly solely responsible - I just see a number of blokes that aren’t putting in. You have to remember, the team’s fitness and the toughness was the reason for the epic Canberra win earlier in the year.

He is not blameless but hardly solely responsible - I just see a number of blokes that aren’t putting in. You have to remember, the team’s fitness and the toughness was the reason for the epic Canberra win earlier in the year.
People who i know that know him say he is good for strength and muscle growth but not so much cardio or alternative activities like yoga and pilates which can help limit certain injuries..id like to see the team do the splits lol..i dont reckon 1 player could lol

I know everyone is saying we need more depth and a few new signings but wow we don’t look quick or fit at all !!! The new six again rule means teams have to be fit it’s much quicker than past years !! We look like we are always fatigued which then leads to errors and poor decisions defensively !!!

The coaching staff need to address this because this year has been just as bad as Barrett’s last year :(

Likely squad I think;
- Starting Hooker and Starting Winger are the ones that could shift the most in the player market off season. Cade Cust to get the 6 at season start but Schuster eased in after 5 rounds. Upgrades/new signings to Top 30 in bold.

It means we should be hitting the market for a hooker and winger - from the off contract Peats or T-Starling or as others suggested bringing Matt Parcell back. Saab, M-Ikuvalu, P-Herbert or C-Aekins for a winger.

1.T-Trbojevic
2.Garrick
3.Walker
4.Suli
5.Funa
6.Cust
7.Cherry Evans
8.Paseka
9.Peats/Parcell/Starling
10.Taupau
11.Sironen
12.Gosiewski
13.J-Trbojevic

14.Schuster
15.Boyle
16.Olakauatu
17.Keppie
18.Parker
19.Harper
20.J Taufua (until retired)
21.Miski
22.Saddler
23.B-Trbojevic
24.M Fainu (while stood-down)
25.Croker
26.Saab/Ikuvalu/Herbert/Aekins
27.Dockar-Clay
28.Izzard
29.Titmuss
30.Davey
Development Squad
31.S Fainu
32.Andy Saunders
33.D Phythian
34.J Folau or a young gun like K-Weeks

Players out

Thompson, Levi, T-Williams, Sipley, Waddell, Hopoate (no chance of staying), Metcalf, Elliot (I have a feeling he might be thrown a lifeline), Anderson (I can't see him staying as never given an opportunity)

Players in
Titmuss, Davey, Reed Izzard (i liked what i saw in the trial this year), ZDC, S Fainu, D Phythian. Then one of Peats/Parcell/Starling and one of Saab/Ikuvalu/Herbert/Aekins

How does everyone think we will line up for 2021

1 T Trbojevic
2 T Funa
3 B Parker / D Walker
4 M Suli / M Harper
5 R Garrick / A Hopoate
6 J Schuster /D Walker
7 DCE
8 T Paseka
9 C Cust/ M Fainu
10 M Taupau
11 J Gosiewski
12 C Sironen
13 J Trojevic

14 ??
15 H Olakau'atu
16 T Sipley
17 A Davey

Unfortunately that side looks awfully similar to our current side, except missing our best prop.

Fainu won't be back next year. That's optimistic.

People who i know that know him say he is good for strength and muscle growth but not so much cardio or alternative activities like yoga and pilates which can help limit certain injuries..id like to see the team do the splits lol..i dont reckon 1 player could lol
Yeah, my feeling is that Donny is a bit old school, which is romantic and has some benefits, but he is not quite with the times. But, I'm not there so can't say that with any conviction, just a hunch.

I know everyone is saying we need more depth and a few new signings but wow we don’t look quick or fit at all !!! The new six again rule means teams have to be fit it’s much quicker than past years !! We look like we are always fatigued which then leads to errors and poor decisions defensively !!!

The coaching staff need to address this because this year has been just as bad as Barrett’s last year :(
Yeah but to be fair Barrett's last year he had Turbo, Walker and Korisou fit and in that side.

Maybe this thread should be titled "season 2022"...there is far too much to do to make anything from 2021.
Get back to me this time next year if you don't believe me.

• 👍
Reactions: Kez
The thing in 2021 is it’s going to be a harder task to make the top 8 with some sides likely to improve currently sitting outside the 8 (Titans, Warriors should they get AFB and the inclusion of Ben Murdoch Masila etc).

The thing in 2021 is it’s going to be a harder task to make the top 8 with some sides likely to improve currently sitting outside the 8 (Titans, Warriors should they get AFB and the inclusion of Ben Murdoch Masila etc).
And hard to see many of the top sides going backwards.

Being honest , and a lot will depend on any signings we might jag, I can’t see us figuring any higher than about where we are now given our injury records and players leaving.

BUT

let’s have this discussion when we know our final 28 ( the last 2 are always depth anyway so don’t really count).

You hit the nail on the head with sides improving by improving their roster with better quality players .
It may be hard for us but not impossible
Bellamy discovered unknown players with potential in lower grades
Ricky had to go to England to get his
The recruitment officers get paid to perform like everyone else

You hit the nail on the head with sides improving by improving their roster with better quality players .
It may be hard for us but not impossible
Bellamy discovered unknown players with potential in lower grades
Ricky had to go to England to get his
The recruitment officers get paid to perform like everyone else
The Bellamy system , whatever people might say about him and his team just continues to roll on.

They’ll miss Scam when he’s gone but I expect it to only be a road bump.

agree I have a gut feel we are in for a few barren years. I hope I’m wrong.
If the #purge doesn’t happen it might be more than a few years too.

But yes we are pretty much very close to rock bottom so it’s going to take some time.

While it’s likely he’ll be resigned by the Eels next year, should we be targeting Jai Field?

He’s a handy Five-Eighth, good passing and kicking game. Not to mention he is fast. He is also a handy goal kicker if we need.

Not to mention he can also fill in at Fullback if Tom Trbojevic gets injured.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4