SeaEagles v Sharks @Brookie Rd6 Heritage round Game day thread #GoManly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Pick the Margin Manly v Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think we'll suffer a let down this week. The side seems more focused on their individual roles than I've seen in a long time. The Sharks scored one arsey try against the Squeels who copped 50 the week before. Another shut out anyone ?

Couldn't agree more simon64. I can't see them having anyone in their squad who is superior to any of ours. And from the games I've seen there is a determination from our squad that I've not seen since 2011. Toovs has really worked on the D, and it's very impressive. Line up the squads and it's just not there for them to worry us. Matai was a little quiet last game, and I can see him 'cutting loose' on Sunday. Jorge to carry on with his try scoring and a brace of tries from our fantastic back-line. All good.

Tooves has really worked on the D. lol

Guess we know who the NRL identity caught leaving a gaybar was!

BTW if Cronulla keep going they'll be out at $5 by the time the game starts.

Good old fashioned carve up.Us by plenty.

Flannery will wheel out his ASADA excuse again as Essendon and Manly keep winning.I see even Rothtool has had enough of this copout.The reason they don't win is because they have no halfback and no outside backs.The only way the sharks will go alright is if the NRL bans backlines and adds breakaways.Bad recruitment once again.

Cant see what they see in him as a coach. Even for shire standards he doesn't come across as a great thinker.

They don't go much good at brookie.Won 2 of the last 8 and that includes some years we were hopeless. Come to think of it they never go much good anywhere except that hell hole home ground of theirs.

globaleagle said:
Mals said:
@[Larissa]

Hi Larissa, this Sunday at Brookie will there be a jumping castle behind the Hill for the kids?

Larissa said:
No jumping Castle's this weekend, sorry!

I have never had to resist typing something so much on this forum (a witty repose)....as I have after reading these 2 posts.

must.....move......fingers......away....from.....keyboard.....

dowdz said:
Lol, i accidentally pressed on Sharks 13+. Really need some sleep. Was meant to pick us 13+

Well I was all like "lol @ you"

Then I went and did the exact same thing.

:blush:

Hahaha. Glad I wasn't the only one that had s mental malfunction.

Stevo said:
BTW if Cronulla keep going they'll be out at $5 by the time the game starts.
Saw on the Sterlo show earlier… Sharks now at $5 to win this match. I can't recall Manly ever being bigger favourites (at least in this modern era when the odds are always put out there).

Ceagle said:
Cronulla always play us tough at Brookie, does anyone have their record playing @ Brookie?

Yeah. The Sharks have won 6 matches at Brookie since coming into the comp in 1967. 45 years.

No that's an understatement - 46 years.

Last 6 vs Sharks @ Brookie. M-W 4 / Sharks 2.

But two of Manly's wins were by just 2 points & anyone who saw the 2009 game knows we were damn lucky to get away with that one.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/matches/Custom/MTQtLS0tLS0tLS0tLTMtLS0tLS0tLS0=

2004 May 23rd Manly Warringah L 28 - 30 Cronulla
2005 Mar 20th Manly Warringah W 46 - 20 Cronulla
2006 Mar 25th Manly Warringah W 20 - 18 Cronulla
2008 Mar 15th Manly Warringah L 10 - 16 Cronulla
2009 Aug 30th Manly Warringah W 18 - 16 Cronulla
2010 Apr 11th Manly Warringah W 40 - 12 Cronulla

That 2004 loss was the sunny Brookie afternoon a young Snake got 3 stunning tries. Was it Andrew Walker that missed a conversion from touch at the end to make it a draw. It didn't matter. I left Brookie that day the best I had felt about MANLY since the late 1990s. I knew that day the club was back and great days lay ahead.

Lets just hope they are mentally up for the game, if they are us by plenty if they are not Sharks surprise winners.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Most people are expecting a big 13+ victory including the experts but i think this game will be a close one, Manly 1-12. I will be happy with any win as long as our great defense continues :)

stoodamire said:
2005 win was Hoppa Snr's last game for us. Still flogged them with 12 men for over 1/2 the match i think.

Remember the retun leg that year ?? Ironically enough also a heritage round game where we wore the old White with Maroon hoops jersey for the first time in decades. They touched us up by 60 points and we put on one of the most embarrassing displays I've ever seen by Manly as we limped into the semis.

Chip and Chase said:
stoodamire said:
2005 win was Hoppa Snr's last game for us. Still flogged them with 12 men for over 1/2 the match i think.

Remember the retun leg that year ?? Ironically enough also a heritage round game where we wore the old White with Maroon hoops jersey for the first time in decades. They touched us up by 60 points and we put on one of the most embarrassing displays I've ever seen by Manly as we limped into the semis.

Thanks, i've been trying to forget that one.

How good was the day at Brooky when we beat the sharks with 12 after hoppa got sent off? Then the Sharks imploded and had 2 sin binned at the same time. lol

Keith Galloway probably doesn't think it was a good day though.

Chip and Chase said:
stoodamire said:

Yeah the fullback that day was ****! Biggest Fullback in history.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6