Seabirds need Manly Men

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So typical of NRL media that they would get around to putting to every NRL club as to whether they would ban cheerleaders.

Manly told them the right answer.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/the-manly-sea-eagles-have-given-their-cheerleading-squad-full-support/story-fngr8hax-1226782600114

The Manly Sea Eagles have given their cheerleading squad full support

Bryn Kay
Manly Daily
December 13, 2013 3:50PM

600060-43e6e46e-63b2-11e3-9c8d-dcff222f125a.jpg

The Sea Eagles have confirmed the Seabirds will be back supporting the team in 2014.

The Manly Sea Eagles cheerleading squad will be out in force to support the team next season.

A spokesman for the Sea Eagles said the Seabirds had the full support of the club after the Canterbury Bulldogs announced it was demoting its squad from game day activities.

The Canberra Raiders are reviewing the future of their squad.

A spokesman for the Sea Eagles said: "We haven't made any changes for what will happen next year (with the Seabirds) . . . they have always been great ambassadors for the club."

Seabirds choreographer Monique Carroll reiterated to fans what the club said.

The Sea Eagles have confirmed the Seabirds will be back supporting the team in 2014.

"We've got full support from the Manly Sea Eagles, there has never been any doubt," she said.

"The Seabirds have ­become a brand of their own . . . we have such a big dancing community on the northern beaches."

The Bulldogs have chosen to have their cheerleaders abandon their pre-game and halftime routines to focus on off-field work as ambassadors. Canberra cited cost issues as one of the reasons they were reviewing their squad's future.

The Seabirds have their own sponsor - Tech Titan.

While the future looked positive for the Seabirds, Mrs Carroll said it would be ­unfortunate if other clubs chose to disband or demote their cheerleading squads.

"It would be a shame for the girls, for the cheerleaders, to lose their identity in the league," she said.

600087-ff4d0478-63b1-11e3-9c8d-dcff222f125a.jpg

The Seabirds were on Ten, discussing this.
They are a credit to Manly and even paid their own way to Suncorp for our home game there a few years back :angel:

Imagine telling Spud that his wife's work is suss :p

There'd been talk at the Bulldogs previous about the uniforms (lack of ) offending a large portion of the Muslim faithful out Belmore way. Looks like Castle's bowed to that pressure immediately.:mad:

(12-11-2013 03:37 PM) Matabele
I thinks it's appalling to see women objectified in such a manner.
PM Quote

Lol, funny......... Would you prefer guys in hot pants.... Lol

globaleagle said:
The quote from Ms Castle says...""We want to go in a more professional direction than just dance in revealing outfits. They'll still be doing cheerleading at the game, they will still have pompoms, but we're going to give them more opportunities as well."

http://tvnz.co.nz/rugby-league-news/howls-protest-castle-cans-doggy-dancers-5769218

I take it we can expect to see the dogs cheerleaders all decked out in blue and white burqas next year.

wombatgc said:
There'd been talk at the Bulldogs previous about the uniforms (lack of ) offending a large portion of the Muslim faithful out Belmore way. Looks like Castle's bowed to that pressure immediately.:mad:
So we can expect to see the dogs cheerleaders looking resplendent in fetching blue and white burqas next year......

340px-Early_women_cheerleaders_at_UW_Madison_%282246608893%29.jpg

Moondog I understand these outfits were also the result of pressure from Muslims. And though it's not widely known, Robert Holmes-a-Court had converted to Islam before he scrapped Souths cheer squad in 2007. Don Furner is the most recent convert, I hear.

;)

I don't think Zorba should be let loose in public unless he wears a fully zipped up sleeping bag with two eye holes cut into it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8