Sea Eagles v Warriors match day thread Rd 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
castle eagle said:
great game, game of the round.
hope they have a look at the forward pass rulings before the next round but.

Probably end up being game of the year.

I nominate Manu Vatuvi for Manly's man of the match.

No voice left...fukin awesome win, onya boys!

Campared to Manly, the panfers and the scumdogs look like a rabble.

First round 1 win since 2007.

Ryan said:
Letting in 20 points isn't that great
I don't think too many teams will keep the Warriors to less than 20 this year. They could have scored another 20 with luck, and we defended well. They are an imposing outfit on the rise in confidence and it was a great effort to beat them over there.

The Eagle said:
That game was f**king horrific,booked a dr appointment tomorrow because that s**t gave me heart issues

I know. I am sure I am losing my hair as a result of the stress caused by watching Manly play.

Wow.

Only caught last 15 minutes, and had 3 heart attacks.

Great result, and unexpected by most methinks!!

:)

Edit: post above sums up my thoughts perfectly!

A hard fought, fantastic win!! Great defence in the end with 12 men and no Matai. I thought we took a couple of strange options - when we could've taken a penalty goal and a chance for a FG but didn't, but a win's a win. Glad it didn't go into golden point or we could well have lost it. Great win Manly!

How good was that first up!:)
Had the whip going full-bore when Jamie got that ball.
The neighbours will have no doubt the footy season is back on.:p

great game of footy to watch, a few errors sure but you get that when the ball is thrown around so much by boths sides.

Warriors will be right there at the end of the season and definatly one of the teams to beat this year so great to see us get up.

Anyone still wanting T-rex to play more like The Beast?

The Warriors had their chances and were playing against 12 men in the high pressure final moments of the game when Ballin was sin binned for 10 minutes . We were not at our best but still good enough to overcome a very determined side playing in front of their home crowd
Well done 2V and The Mighty Sea eagles !!!

Great stuff boys. Great win. Well deserved. Great defence from both teams. Especially our boys with 12 men.
Agree with most who said that we should have closed it out 4 mins earlier though with a FG.

That was just a great game of football to watch and we fought hard.

Forward pass non calls we're a disgrace there were a few which I think we're close to deliberate that didn't get a look in, but didn't take away from a great game of rugby league

Enjoyed that game! I still don't like playing against the Warriors, my heart beats so fast it just about motors itself out of my chest. They're great to watch, so unpredictable, will cause teams problems all year.

Love the daytime footy, great stadium and pitch to play on so well done to NZ and the fans. Good tries, it all looked great on the telly.

Even happier we stuck it out and won. DCE's MOM interview was funny too, i love that kid. But the best bit of today... Manu! Love him, especially when he goes hot and cold over and over and over again.

WELCOME BACK FOOTY & MANLY!!!!

Great game for viewing, glad we got the win. It's unbelievable how many juniors the warriors got comin thru the ranks. Konrads a weapon

The opening 20min was an awesome display by our boys and will have the rest of the competition crapping themselves. As long as we stay reasonably injury free we will be hard to beat come the business end of the season.

Also, very happy I made a last minute change to my supercoach side and swapped some other $85K no hoper for Konrad Hurrell. What a bargain he will turn out to be :)

Christol74 said:
The opening 20min was an awesome display by our boys and will have the rest of the competition crapping themselves. As long as we stay reasonably injury free we will be hard to beat come the business end of the season.

Also, very happy I made a last minute change to my supercoach side and swapped some other $85K no hoper for Konrad Hurrell. What a bargain he will turn out to be :)

One of the first players I picked in super coach. Watch his value explode

How GOOD was that!
What a great game, as the commentator said that DCE Try: "The Try Of The Season!" Yeaaa....
MWSE Champions!

Wolfie did well to stay in to kick that. He'll take away a lot of confidence from that game. An excellent play and demonstrated skill and team work for DCE to be there. I thought we'd go on to bury them but congrats to the Warriors for clawing their way back. They'll be there at the end of the season for sure.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2