Sea Eagles using science and supplements to good effect

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well I am not saying that you are wrong Rhino, but you cant compare wrestlers to sprinters or rugby league players for that matter.

Body builders/wrestlers etc dont have any agility training accompanied with their strength training, therefore leaving them with less mobility. Your body will only perform to its trained strenghts. Rugby league players training combines agility, strength and cardiovascular fitness.

An olypmic sprinters training would be almost the same, the agility training would be less involved.

A wrestler/body builder trains only for strength.

Garts is right, the trainers and conditioners have been doing this job for years and are experts in their fields, they know what they are doing.

[quote author=Canteen Worker]
Ryan - you amaze me! I write one post disagreeing with you and suddenly I am called a 'tool!\" This is a site for robust argument and yet you play the man.

Using Wikipedia terms for muscles doesn't hide the fact that Fluffy is right with sprinters - look at Linford Christie, Ato Boulden, Maurice Green, Ben Johnson etc and see how their bodies are built for explosive speed.

A recent Manly Daily article explained that Stewart is .5 sec off being a national rated sprinter (and he is also training for League.) I coach sprinters and footy players, (with assistance of those who actually know what they are talking about m- from more than Wikipedia :lol:) and can assure you that physiology is different than what you are talking about.

Well don't reply with your saying of "CRAP". It makes you sound like a know it all prick. You can't have expected me to reply differently - you set the tone. Refer your crap line to your statement:-

This is a site for robust argument and yet you play the man. LOL. You said it to get a retort, and I did so.

Fluffy, with your theory, and I'll talk in your terms here, Battista from the rock and roll wrestling would smash all the 100 metre sprinters. I can just see Hulk Hogan in the 100 metre dash - and I mean in his PRIME.

His muscle mass has seriously deteriorated his mobility, and I'll let you know - they are MUCH more muscular than the runners. They's also take steroids quite frequently, which would ALSO enhance performance, but would still not be enough to get them anywhere NEAR the pace runners.

Now, to relate that to Manly, I think Jason King has too much upper body muscle mass, and that seriously affects his mobility. Look at the best props in Mason / Bailey / Petro etc...they are ALL slimmer etc...

[/quote]

ryan your pro wrestlers may not be the quickest but they would **** all over the biggest loser contestants who are about the same weight.

Fair as nutz then....

In saying that though, Jason King, Terry Hill, George Rose, and in my opinion Daniel Heckenberg weren't "managed" well in that area.

That's why I like Kite so much...he has HEAPS of mobility, and a totally different body shape to King / Rose, and to a lesser degree Bryant.

Maybe less focus should be on weight's then, and more training on agility for these players (espescially King).

Fair as nutz then....

In saying that though, Jason King, Terry Hill, George Rose, and in my opinion Daniel Heckenberg weren't \"managed\" well in that area.

That's why I like Kite so much...he has HEAPS of mobility, and a totally different body shape to King / Rose, and to a lesser degree Bryant.

Maybe less focus should be on weight's then, and more training on agility for these players (espescially King).

You're comparing WASPS with a Polynesian. Simple fact of the matter is the darkies have higher fast twitch fibre than the slow white men. We know that the club does DNA assessments so you'd assume they have taken this into account.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6