Sea Eagles to review referee's report

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
The Sea Eagles will wait to receive an official breach notice and the referee's report from the NRL before deciding whether to contest a $10,000 fine over head coach Geoff Toovey's comments following Friday night's match against South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Read More

The Sea Eagles will wait to receive an official breach notice and the referee's report from the NRL before deciding whether to contest a $10,000 fine over head coach Geoff Toovey's comments following Friday night's match against South Sydney Rabbitohs.

General Manager David Perry said the Club will review the comments and the NRL's response very carefully before making a decision.
"We'll look at it very closely" he said. "We are yet to receive the referee's report and an official breach notice so we'll wait until we have all the information and then consider the facts before we determine how we'll proceed.";
In a statement yesterday, NRL Head of Football Todd Greenberg said Toovey's comments constituted "unwarranted attacks on match officials".
The Sea Eagles have five days to respond to the initial breach notice.

Have any teams actually contested these fines or do they just pay them and move on?

I have the exclusive - the following was the rough draft of the referee's report. It is going back to the NRL for final drafting.

Although a spokesperson for the NRL said 'the refs did a good job.'

But here it is below:

"Duh I give penalty cos he was Manly player.

Duh ok good nuf.

Furver it was try but as manly disallowed it cos of dat."

However it is unclear if this is the actual report as it seemed a bit too wordy according to another NRL spokesperson.:D

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4