Sea Eagles still haunted by shock loss after 40 years

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In 1978 the NSWRL ran a one-off Challenge Cup. It was for all the teams that didn't make the top five (or "final five" as it was then.)If my memory serves North Sydney actually won the Challenge Cup. Joyce Mayne Discounts gave some sponsorship and at the end of the final, Bill Hamilton, the Bears captain, got up on the stage and collected his prize of a....sewing machine. Not exactly the Clive Churchill medal, but then the Bears didn't have much in their trophy case.

Remember watching all of these games. As a 13 year old, I was pretty devastated in losing. Remember West Div had a reserve who was referred to as TV Ted, bald head, hard running forward. They also had a trainer who came on with a belt and when a player had a leg cramp, he would wrap it around the muscle twisting the belt tight and then the player was up and running.

TV Ted Ellery. Remember going to Leichardt Oval as a teenager to watch the final. Western Div won the final 6 - 2 against Penrith. It was a huge upset.
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=0-2183-0-0-0&sID=19314&articleID=5227532&news_task=DETAIL

MadMarcus said:
And that is why we haven't won anything since 1974.

#crisis.
News corp will insist on ignoring our umpteen premierships, World club challenges, etc for the purposes of a 'story'. And if they hadnt become involved in the Drizzle, there'd be 2 more . . . . . . :mad:

I remember the game well, I was so torn because my cousin, Robbie Pilon, played halfback for Western Division and the whole family was going nuts. I bawled my eyes out when my hero, the great Wombat Graham Eadie went off with injury. It was a massive upset, but I was so glad they went on to do the job on the Panthers in the Final.

There are many year endings where I have bad memories (and they are so traumatic I won't even list any of them) but this haunting shock escapes me. If I had been there like WL it might mean something.

I am so worried by this I am at my wits end. 40 years ago we lost to a bunch of no hopers from a team of amateurs. Now history has repeated itself and we have lost to souths.

What next - the cromer kingfishers under 11's.

We really need to go back through the record books and dig out every unexpected loss and analyze them all to see where we went wrong.

:)

Or we can say who fkin cares and move along.

They were rubbish comps made for sponsors. I think at some stage they became pre-season comps but my memories a bit hazy.

Although it doesn't warrant an investigation that article is simply ridiculous.

I loved the old midweek comp. There wasn't much night footy back then so it was great being able to watch an extra game on a "school night". Especially when we got to watch Combined Brisbane.

We set up lights in the yard up the road and had our own night games on Thursdays/Fridays/Saturdays. Bootpolish under the eyes and the the Amco cup theme pumping on the cassette player- great memories.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7