Sea Eagles statement after ASADA meeting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
But why is this issue being played out so publicly and not kept confidential by the Crimes Commission until they had laid some charges?
It seems like a media circus.
What good has calling a press conference done? It's only fuelled speculation and brought every sports person into disrepute.

Another theory floating around is that the primary concern are recreational drugs and the link to organised crime

Not saying that is what has happened at Manly but that would fit with the no performance enhancing drugs etc which almost all the NRL clubs have stated

So they had a meeting with us to tell us what we already know?

If any player had returned a positive test either recently or in the past wouldn't they have advised us when it happened?

Idiots. This is turning to farce.

COMMANDER said:
So they had a meeting with us to tell us what we already know?

If any player had returned a positive test either recently or in the past wouldn't they have advised us when it happened?

Idiots. This is turning to farce.

This announcement really concerns me.

Treating us fans like dunces.

My guess is they might have something to hide because it make no sense to issue that statement telling us what we already knew.

They tell us they are in the mid to low range and issue a statement saying no player past or present blah blah blah.

Yeah its a farce alright.

The Who said:
But why is this issue being played out so publicly and not kept confidential by the Crimes Commission until they had laid some charges?
What good has calling a press conference done? It's only fuelled speculation and brought every sports person into disrepute.

Agreed. That press conference last week was a farce.

I didn't agree when the idea was floated at the time but this is starting to have a real political stench about it. I'm starting to think that Kate Lundy came up with a great idea to deflect the constant barrage of adverse media attention from the government. Let's face it, there hasn't been too much media focus on the ICAC inquiry, Craig Thompson, new boat arrivals, poor MRRT revenue, climate change, sky falling down blah blah blah.........

If this doping/match fixing issue turns out to be a storm in a tea cup then this will go down as the most disgraceful manipulation of the media I have ever experienced. As each day passes it's looking more and more like this is the case.

I must add that I have no real political leanings. I think they're all shyte.

The telegraph only needs to look here to make something else up as the club is being criticised by its own fans. What good does this do? Keep the faith until concrete evidence details that specific persons have done something wrong. In the meantime let's give our support to the Manly club.

Still some things which I can't quite make sense of. I heard Perry say we are in the low to medium risk category. The Cowboys have said they have been told they are in the low category. I wonder what makes us exposed to more risk than the Cowboys, especially considering the news no one has tested positive? It can only be simply because of the association with Dank, (but that itself doesn't make sense because Perry stated ASADA are only going back 2 years) or they have some other evidence, ie phone taps, emails etc which exposes us more than the cowboys.

I'm hoping to find out some more information tonight. Stay tuned! ;)

Masked Eagle said:
Still some things which I can't quite make sense of. I heard Perry say we are in the low to medium risk category. The Cowboys have said they have been told they are in the low category. I wonder what makes us exposed to more risk than the Cowboys
That's easy. As a much better team, we can win whenever we want, and therefore statistically maybe more chance to lose on purpose.
(don't worry, this is just a joke)
;):angel:

Low to medium risk means nothing unless we understand the risk rating strategy - I have low to medium risks at work that are not a concern. Is there high, extreme and realised?

Been reported today that the Cowboys have been identified as one of the 6 clubs named because they have a player on their roster who used to be at a club who they suspect something might have happened when he was there? Seems unfair of the Cowboys to be tarnished with this brush of having to defend something if that is their only link.

When I read that one name sprang to mind. However, his time ended with us in 08 and according to Perry yesterday ASADA are only interested in the last 2 years.

As said I hope to find out some more info tonight. Will let you know. :D

There are no active criminal investigations into the allegations.

ACC chief executive John Lawler, said the operation had largely gathered intelligence rather than evidence and was not intended to result in arrests.

"The purpose is to understand the threat, risk and vulnerabilities."

The ACC is making investigations into banned substances which are not illegal. Presumably their justification is the link to organised crime.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/police-cold-on-acc-doping-claims/story-e6frg7mf-1226576594947

Are Labor party & ACC playing a high risk game - trying to smoke out evidence that they don't have through confessions/dob-ins?

So basically bugger all will come of this ACC have simply said that potentially there could be a problem.

As soon as the fanta pants pm made that statement last week, this was all a political enduced scandal.

Shame on that red headed c-t for attacking Australian sport for political gain.

Rex said:
There are no active criminal investigations into the allegations.

ACC chief executive John Lawler, said the operation had largely gathered intelligence rather than evidence and was not intended to result in arrests.

"The purpose is to understand the threat, risk and vulnerabilities."

The ACC is making investigations into banned substances which are not illegal. Presumably their justification is the link to organised crime.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/police-cold-on-acc-doping-claims/story-e6frg7mf-1226576594947

Are Labor party & ACC playing a high risk game - trying to smoke out evidence that they don't have through confessions/dob-ins?

Jesus. It really is a joke without a punchline.

Frank said:
The Who said:

Agreed. That press conference last week was a farce.

I didn't agree when the idea was floated at the time but this is starting to have a real political stench about it. I'm starting to think that Kate Lundy came up with a great idea to deflect the constant barrage of adverse media attention from the government. Let's face it, there hasn't been too much media focus on the ICAC inquiry, Craig Thompson, new boat arrivals, poor MRRT revenue, climate change, sky falling down blah blah blah.........

If this doping/match fixing issue turns out to be a storm in a tea cup then this will go down as the most disgraceful manipulation of the media I have ever experienced. As each day passes it's looking more and more like this is the case.

I must add that I have no real political leanings. I think they're all shyte.

There is certainly something political going on but it may not be the Federal Government that has instigated this circus. For example, there is a lot more to the Craig Thompson story than is being reported so far in the MSM but will come out in soon when this goes to court. The evidence is out there that the whistle blower Kathy Jackson and her partner are the ones with the most questions to answer. I bring this up because for those that don't know, her partner is Michael Lawler, vice president of Fair Work Australia who headed up the investigation into the HSU whilst being directly involved in its management. What does this have to do with league? Well his brother is John Lawler, head of the Australian Crime Commision and the man responsible for this drugs in sport investigation and how it is being handled. A third brother is a high ranking NSW police official. Interesting to note that we won't be getting answers for a couple of months which should coincide with the Thompson court case as well as the Ashby appeal which if lost will put extreme pressure on certain senior members of the opposition named in the original judgement which was clear that the Slipper case was a political conspiracy to bring down the Government.

Another possibility is that I honestly believe that the NRL commission wants to get rid of at least two sydney teams asap. They have said they are not going to expand but we all know they have franchises waiting in the wings that they want in the league so a cull is likely. Look at the teams that have been named and also look at the first two teams audited -Manly and Cronulla, both teams that have always been high on the cull list. This drug speculation has the potential to destroy clubs financially through lost sponsorship, membership, legal battles and everything else that results from such bad publicity. Every decision the NRL commision has made seems to point to culling Sydney teams such as the stadium strategy, the State Government conveniently implementing a stadium funding policy that aligns with the NRL wishes, the unfavourable 2013 draw etc etc.

If there are only a few players involved then the ACC has serious questions to answer for the damage it has caused Australian sport. There is more going on than meets the eye.

• 👍
Reactions: mbe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4