Sea Eagles star Tom Symonds talks about footy under the new Trent Barrett regime at Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
UTILITY forward Tom Symonds has offered a first hand account of the big shake-up that has taken place at the Sea Eagles and believes it will benefit his football.

He was speaking with pre-season in full swing under the new regime of Trent Barrett that followed the massive turnover in the coaching and playing ranks.

“You’ve got to embrace the change no matter what it is and I think everyone is doing that,” Symonds said.

“I am doing that and I’m really enjoying everything that has come with it.

“I think it is going to be good for my footy.

“It refreshing for the older guys and getting a new group of players in is exciting as well.”

v1

And Symonds, who has been something of a quiet achiever at Manly is not feeling too much added pressure with the arrivals of the likes of Kiwi international forwards Lewis Brown and Martin Taupau.

23d38855d547ca418a473fcb5e63c352

Tom Symonds models the Sea Eagles Auckland Nines jersey. Picture: PaulMiller/AAP.
“I am confident with my game and Trent has given me confidence in what I can do,” he said.

“Obviously I am going to have to work hard to get that chance but if I get that opportunity I know I can do a good job.

“Any new coach that goes to a club starts with a fresh slate and you have to work to earn your spot and show what you

Symonds made the observations at the launch of the Auckland Nines competition in Sydney on Tuesdaty.

He played in the tournament at the start of this year and would like to back up again on 2016.

“It’s a good fun weekend and a chance to play some footy after plenty of weeks of training and I’d like to go again this year,” he said.

And it be the first major opportunity for players to press their credentials with Barrett and his assistants John Cartwright and Anthony Seibold.

“Playing competitively against other teams is going to be the chance to impress the new coach so everyone will be trying to put their best foot forward,” Symonds said.

There is always a positive side to change for those that capable of seeing it
Shame to see him miss an opportunity to put the boot into a few of the guys moved on. Apparently that's the way to show you're onside with the changes!!!

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
wont see much first grade if we are injury free

I have to respectfully disagree mate. I think our best backrow is:-

11. Feleti Meteo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Marty Taupau

17. Lewis Brown OR Jamie Buhrer

The thing I feel is that having Lewis Brown or Jamie Buhrer on the bench, alleviates the need for having both Matt Parcell or Api Koroisou both playing (so I feel one should start in NSW CUP), so we can carry three big mobile props on the bench then:-

14. Darcy Lussick
15. Brenton Lawrence
16. David Klemmer (going off what Wheel is saying :) )
17. Lewis Brown / Jamie Buhrer

I think that would also be a reason we may be shopping JB around (unfortunately) - I love him as a player - as much as Ballin.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6