Sea Eagles sign David Perry to new 3 year deal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think its safe to say its all Zorbas fault :). Perry was hired to bring the club into the future, that was going to involve getting rid of some of the dead wood. Zorba obviously played the family card and painted Penn into an unenviable corner. If Zorba finally realised the club doesn't owe him anything, he owes everything to the club he might exit the scene gracefully thanking the place for an unbelievable ride.

4-3 is functional in theory but in real terms penn didn't get his way so more trouble to follow.

manlyfan76 said:
You gotta get the money first. When you get the money you get the power, you get the power then you get the women.

OK, now I see where I've been going wrong.
Money, power, women, ok now I've got it.

Re: the way the votes apparently fell, that's assuming it's all being reported correctly and isn't mere speculation.

Noting that Perry is taking the Club into calmer waters financially, I have a problem accepting that Penn would now be voting against Perry. Wasn't he closely involved in recruiting him?

Can you believe this.

Zorbas first board meeting and he votes against Perry.
What a shock ,perry fired him.
Why would the penns put him on?

They want control and will crash the club to get it.
They do not have the best interest of the club in hand only control at all cost. This includes Perrys head.

This is why I dont want one owner.

Maybe the Penns would prefer someone in the role who just does what they are told - like Eddie McGuire when he was CEO of Channel 9. If you think about that, Graham Lowe's appointment starts to make a bit more sense.

manlyfan76 said:
You gotta get the money first. When you get the money you get the power, you get the power then you get the women.

Love that movie.
Ice T sampled it in a song anyone know what it is?

I find it confusing that Zorba is thrwn in the ring as Perry gets a 3 year deal......Perry will stand above this ****, I think and we may have some new control....Zorba cannot have a say on anything...he is a leech and a leak....

New owners on the way I think......Penns will walk and Zorba will go with them.....JUST MY OPINION>>>>>>>

lovefooty said:
Can you believe this.

Zorbas first board meeting and he votes against Perry.
What a shock ,perry fired him.
Why would the penns put him on?

They want control and will crash the club to get it.
They do not have the best interest of the club in hand only control at all cost. This includes Perrys head.

This is why I dont want one owner.
They've put in 20 mil champ
They deserve some say can't say I'm a fan of zorba being there but it's the penns right to choose whoever they want.

I'd like know if they were
Just against the GM role. Everything else Ive read has made
Out perry keeps out of the board factions and gets on with all owners.
He was even apparently working out of Scott penns office at one stage.

We have to be balanced we all know zorba has been filling heckle and jeckel at the telegraph with stories but then on the flip side someone from the fc/quantum side has been using Adrian Proszenko at the SMH as a mouth piece.

Both sides need to stop the leaks and get on with the job.

Perry has come from a COO role...never been appointed CEO (to my knowledge) and now a GM.....why???? I really dont know...but I like the role he know has

manlyfan76 said:

I see a flaw with this concept going full circle. The women get your money.

Look guys, we don't know how the harmonics are going to go, so lets not assume. Lucky for Manly these things DO go to a vote, so whether Zorba or anyone else has a singular opinion, it always goes the biggest numbers.

My only hope is that when a resolution is passed, the board are smart and wise enough to accept the outcome without grudge.

That's how we'll know if the current board are the right one's to run the ship.

One thing we all DO know, is the playing group are right behind Zorba - and that's always a good thing. Affinity between management / players is huge in this competitive market.

On this one, I think we just have to wait until we hear reactions to certain decisions. If pride is swallowed, and professionalism ensues, then we are good.

If information is leaked (or continues to be leaked), and agenda's are driven, we are in trouble. As of right now, the bloke who has us running better books than he came, the bloke who is retaining a fair few stars has been given a three year extension REGARDLESS of the vote.

The results what people want in the end - thus a proper democracy. It's all good guys.

For what its worth i think Perry has done a great job. I am also wary of believing crap that is printed by news ltd. All of us Penn included would be crazy to get rid of Perry unless.... Todd Greenburg is coming !!!!!!! LOL, NEVER!!!!! If he came over i would walk. (until he leaves again). No seriously i hate Greenturd

David Perry contract extension inflames Manly Sea Eagles board meeting

TOXIC boardroom relations at Manly are set to deteriorate further after three directors refused to support a contract extension for Sea Eagles boss David Perry.

Thursday night's shock instalment of Perry's nemesis - former PR manager Peter Peters - ignited one of the most vitriolic meetings in the board's chequered history.

The flashpoint came when a motion was raised to extend Perry's contract until the end of 2015 and promote him to general manager of the privatised business.

Votes were split along allegiances to the co-owners, Scott Penn and Phil Sidney (Quantum). Peters was appointed one of Penn's three directors at the start of the meeting; an ambush that guaranteed fireworks given his controversial redundancy last year. Nine months after his demise, Peters was voting on the future of the man who dismissed him - Perry.

It's understood he and the other two Penn directors refused to support Perry's extension, which was nevertheless carried thanks to the majority of the four remaining directors.

"It was not unanimous," said Sidney, the board's new spokesman. But obviously the majority of the board want him to stay. The contract still hasn't been signed, but it is our desire to extend him for three years. We're delighted with the job he's done."

There was added drama when, for second meeting in a row, a 4-3 vote of no confidence was carried in Penn's chairmanship. But Penn again refused to step-down as chairman. His empire's ownership of the Sea Eagles has also been reduced to minority status after the District Football Club purchased $70,000 worth of shares on Thursday night.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/david-perry-contract-extension-inflames-manly-sea-eagles-board-meeting/story-e6frexnr-1226412666495

mave said:
"His empire's ownership of the Sea Eagles has also been reduced to minority status after the District Football Club purchased $70,000 worth of shares on Thursday night."

What does that mean exactly?

That's exactly what I asked in the board issues mega thread.

Plus I gave an added irish joke as a bonus for the dear readers.

globaleagle said:
mave said:
"His empire's ownership of the Sea Eagles has also been reduced to minority status after the District Football Club purchased $70,000 worth of shares on Thursday night."

What does that mean exactly?

That's exactly what I asked in the board issues mega thread.

Plus I gave an added irish joke as a bonus for the dear readers.

I was told that the Penn's are now on 49%. They are no longer the majority share holder

Sorry but the Penn family want to change the conditions of their contract. Go the club! Once we sell we'll have no say at all.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4