Sea Eagles score a gutsy win over Roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
STAR Sea Eagles five-eighth Kieran Foran praised the performance of his pack after Manly’s forwards after Manly’s gutsy 8-0 win over the Roosters at Allianz Stadium tonight.

“We do
Kieran_Foran-120011.jpg
n’t have the biggest forward but they are tough,” Foran said.

“That’s something I know they pride themselves on coming up against this Roosters’ pack that everyone knows is so big and intimidating.

“And our boys did a great job on their big fellas tonight.

“Every time we play the Roosters it is just such a tough game, it just goes down to the wire every time,” Foran said.

And Manly got the win playing for 62 minutes without star backrower Glenn Stewart.

Stewart was left sprawled on the turf after a tackle by Roosters enforcer Jared Waerea-Hargreaves in the 18th minute.

Stewart was assisted from the field and Waerea-Hargreaves was placed on report for making contact with the head of the Manly playmaker.

From the ensuing penalty Jamie Lyon kicked a goal to give Manly a 2-0 lead.

Six minutes later the Sea Eagles scored the first try on the left hand side after. good lead-up work from centre Steve Matai..

After dominating field position and having more opportunities, the Sea Eagles went to the break leading 6-0.

In the 63rd minute the Roosters came close to finally getting on the board through Michael Jennings, but in the final throws of reaching out oi score he lost the ball after good defence firm winger David Williams.

With eight minutes to go Manly survived another close call when Roosters winger Daniel Tupou had a try disallowed with the ruling there had been obstruction in the lead-up to him crossing the line,

In the final minute Lyon booted a penalty goal to give his side their 8-0 victory.

“Tools (coach Geoff Toovey) does a great job instilling that toughness into us and we just want to play for one another every time we take the field,” Foran said.

Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sea-eagles-score-a-gutsy-win-over-roosters/story-fngr8iii-1226868127882

STAR Sea Eagles five-eighth Kieran Foran praised the performance of his pack after Manly’s forwards after Manly’s gutsy 8-0 win over the Roosters at Allianz Stadium tonight.

Read More

Absolutely agree it was gutsy, and you could see that pride in our pack, as they really lifted from last week.

What I respect the most is NO-ONE ever beats us easily. You can't ask for much more than that.

Toovey is nicknamed "Tools" ?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4