Sea Eagles Refuse To Release Symonds

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Manly say they are unwilling to release Tom Symonds from his NRL contract amid suggestions he is unhappy after being dropped to reserve grade.

Manly have rubbished suggestions out-of-favour back-rower Tom Symonds could be headed for an early exit from the NRL club.

He has attracted interest from four other clubs including Melbourne after being dropped to reserve grade for the start of the season, fuelling suggestions he could be let go early.

Manager Gavin Orr said Symonds was unhappy after being left out of the side's opening-round loss to Canterbury and the 17 to take on the Wests Tigers on Monday, and was being sounded out by several rivals.

However, coach Trent Barrett flatly denied they were willing to release him before his contract expired at the end of this season.

"There's no situation with Tom Symonds - he's definitely not going anywhere," Barrett said.

"He's important to us."

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016/03/11/sea-eagles-refuse-release-symonds

Manager Gavin Orr said Symonds was unhappy after being left out of the side's opening-round loss to Canterbury and the 17 to take on the Wests Tigers on Monday, and was being sounded out by several rivals.

"....he's definitely not going anywhere," Barrett said.

Yes Tommy would be a little miffed at being left out of the 17, but enough to want out of Manly, at this stage of the season? Or is this just 'manager speak'? I'm inclined to think the latter.

Hoping Barrett stays true to his word! :mm:

Has the club also stopped Tommy Talks?
He was good value, and it would have been good experience for him in pursuing a post-football career in the media. He's a lot more erudite than many of the ex-footy commentators.

Decent speed for a second rower, and good footwork at the line. Versus Brown's toughness and versatility, and I guess Green has a bit more size and is more robust, while still being reasonably fast for a forward. Overall I'd still feel better with Mateo and Symonds, I think - at least we'd have some creativity and the ability to step through the line.

Too be fair, if Green, Vave & Brown are being selected in front of you, you'd have to start questioning the coaches motivations here.

I honestly think the club wants Mateo to ask for a release.

He would be our 2nd best (when he is on) backrower in the club.

Looks like we are scheming to sign a big, rugged second rower before 30 June. Are there any quality second rowers currently on the market? Any from England?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2