Sea Eagles recruit Manaia Rudolph does the hard yards for success

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bird Up

Reserve Grader
Sea Eagles recruit Manaia Rudolph does the hard yards for success

JON GEDDES
MANLY DAILY
NOVEMBER 19, 2013 4:01PM

SEA Eagles recruit Manaia Rudolph is on the right track to build a career at his new club.

He is up each morning at 5.30am to catch the train from his home in Holsworthy in Sydney's west to catch the train on his way to training at Manly's Narrabeen headquarters.

After a 20 minute journey Rudolph changes trains at Wolli Creek where he then jumps the 10 minute express to Redfern.

Teammate Josh Starling picks him up from Redfern station and the pair take the 50 minute drive up to Narrabeen.

He follows the same routine in reverse to get home in the afternoon at about 5.30pm.

It makes for a long day but the talented five-eighth who has moved from Wests Tigers has no complaints as he strives to crack it in the NRL.

"Every minute is worth it," Rudolph said.

And his situation is soon set to become a bit easier shortly.

"Hopefully I'll get my license in the next couple of weeks and get a car and look to find a place on the northern beaches," Rudolph said.

"It's all one step at a time."

Rudolph grew up in New Zealand where he was a gun touch football and rugby player before switching rugby league and winning a scholarship to Benji Marshall's old school Keebra Park High on the Gold Coast.

He then joined the Tigers and in 2012 was the top pointscorer in the National Youth Competition.

And Rudolph believes linking up with the Sea Eagles is the right move for his career.

"I think there is more development here and it will help my game," he said.

Rudolph will start in the Sea Eagles NSW Cup side but has goals beyond that.

"Next year I definitely want to get a debut in the NRL and I have given myself a six to eight month time frame for that, " he said.

"Another is to get a house out here."

Sea Eagles recruitment manager Dave Warwick said Rudolph he was looking to sign a young five-eighth as a back up and to learn from Kieran Foran.

"And Manaia suited that," Warwick said.

"For a lot of these young fellows it is all about opportunity"

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sea-eagles-recruit-manaia-rudolph-does-the-hard-yards-for-success/story-fngr8iii-1226763467823

Great attitude and seems motivated, has the 'want' to succeed!

I had a google of him, seems like a quality kid on and off the field. As for footy, he's an exceptional goal kicker, top points scorer in 2012 and 2nd in 2013 but had the comps best kicking avg of 83%. He knows how to find the try line, has a mean step, great passing game and seems to be one of those players who has time with the football!

Now adding Foz, DCE, Tooves and Johns to the mix to improve his game, this kid could surprise us all!
I'd like to see him play Nines so we can get a good look at him!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 0
bones said:
Apparently he wanted out of Wests because all of the other Tigers used to laugh and call him names. And they wouldn't let him join in any Tiger games.
He made the right move because at Manly birds of a feather stick together !!!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4