SEA Eagles player in Brawl investigation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
ADAM LUCIUS and JASON AVEDISSIAN
04mar06

A SEA Eagles player is at the centre of a police investigation into a brawl at the Mona Vale Hotel following Manly's season launch.

A SEA Eagles player is at the centre of a police investigation into a brawl at the Mona Vale Hotel following Manly's season launch.

Premier League forward Todd Barrow fronted club officials last night to explain his role in the incident, which occurred around 1am yesterday.

Witnesses saw Barrow outside the pub with blood streaming from a head cut.

It's understood he told officials he was king-hit in an unprovoked attack and has no memory of the incident.

Barrow, 21, had earlier attended the Sea Eagles' season launch at Manly Leagues Club with teammates and the first grade squad.

He left the function around 10.30pm.

While refusing to name Barrow, Sea Eagles CEO Pat Wilson last night confirmed the club was looking into the matter.

``The player concerned has brought an incident to our attention,'' he said.

``We are awaiting further information to see what action if any we take.''

Dee Why Police yesterday confirmed they received a report into an incident at the pub.

They said investigations were ongoing.

Mona Vale Hotel licensee Andrew Biggs did not wish to comment on the matter.Barrow, a front-rower or second-rower, joined the Sea Eagles from Orange this year and is rated a promising prospect.

He played in the club's trial against Central Queensland last month but tore a calf muscle and was ruled out for four weeks.

"It's understood he told officials he was king-hit in an unprovoked attack and has no memory of the incident."

I don't think Jason was involved ;)

From Blindside in today's Manly Daily:
Manly prop Jason King has quit the booze indefinitely as he prepares to make up for lost time in 2006.

"I've had one drink since the new year" he told Blindside.

"I've had a few injuries in the past and just want to give my body every chance of getting through this year without problems"

LMAO i saw King at the Surf Rock in Collaroy 3 weeks ago, (with the whole manly team) absolutely hammered, could barely stand straight.

LMAO i saw King at the Surf Rock in Collaroy 3 weeks ago, (with the whole manly team) absolutely hammered, could barely stand straight.

That must have been when he had his one drink, just didn't mention that it was a jug of Straight JD :drunk:

He should change the wording to one night on the drink and not making out that he has only had one beer since new year.

In regards to the Barrow incident the story I heard is that he did not start the trouble. The Mona vale hotel has a group of regulars (of islander appearance) who cause a lot of trouble. they started a fight on Thursday night and the Todd and a few of the manly boys were simply defending themselves.

Maybe next thursday Todd might like to take a few of the other players along to sort the troublemakers out. I have heard that BK has sorted a few troublemakers out at the steyne over the years.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2