Sea Eagles mourn the passing of Fred Jones

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I was at the 72 and 73 Grand Finals.He scored in the 72 Grand Final and set up Bobby Fulton's try with a flick pass in the 73 Grand Final.I think he was a butcher by trade ?? A great servant of the club and his community. RIP Fred Jones and condolences to his family.

A true legend.
Some great memories from the Captain in the early 70’s , especially that flick pass.
In the old days kids used to be allowed in the dressing rooms after games to get autographs etc and he was always available with a smile.
RIP mate & enjoy football heaven !

I was at the 72 and 73 Grand Finals.He scored in the 72 Grand Final and set up Bobby Fulton's try with a flick pass in the 73 Grand Final.I think he was a butcher by trade ?? A great servant of the club and his community. RIP Fred Jones and condolences to his family.
Ian Martin was a butcher

I'm very sad to just learn of our loss of Freddy.
As I remember the opening try he scored right in front of me at the '72 GF i am tearing up. What about that flick pass to Bozo in the '73 GF?
A natural footballer, a larakin, he was quite tough, ruthless, a true captain of the star studded squad.
Vale Freddy. You added colour to my teen years and you will not be forgotten.

I
At a GF after he had retired from playing, Fred Jones was apparently asked by the then PM, Malcolm Fraser:

‘What do you do for a living Fred?’

Jones replied, ‘I’m a wharfie.’

Fraser: ‘Oh? I have plenty of friends on the wharves.’

Jones: ‘I haven’t met any.’
the other funny story is Arko saying that his job as Manly club secretary became 50% easier the day after Fred retired.

1968 World Cup
027.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4