Sea Eagles Members Xmas Party

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just want to say I spent a very enjoyable afternoon at the S.E. Members Xmas party at Narrabeen. Wednesday afternoon isn't great timing, hence there wasn't a big crowd, but after rescheduling work, I was privileged to be there.

Have to mention all the players were wonderful - approachable, friendly, polite, happily let fans take photos and signed their merchandise and answered our questions.

Apparently pre-season training has been tough (as you would expect from Donny!) but they are all looking fit, even Suli.

A few players came and introduced themselves and/or spoke to me, incl. T-Rex, Tevita Funa, Corey Waddell, Burbo (he's massive!), etc. Have to give a special mention to Edwin Ipape, who introduced himself to me. He's very happy to be at Manly but also, as he looked around at the crowd there, said 'I'm not use to all this'. @HappilyManly in another thread was right to say coming to Narrabeen must be a huge culture shock for him.

Joel Thompson confirmed he's re-signed for 2 years. He's quite emotionally affected by his recent incident but is physically healed and fit for 2020.
AFB's recovered from his shoulder surgery and has just started light training. Said he's quite confident he'll be fit for the start of 2020. Jake's arm's still in a sling and has noticeably lost some weight but said he's 'optimistic' about being fit to start in 2020.

Notable absentees - DCE, Marty and Jorge.

Thought I'd post a few notes for those unable to be there. Thanks to Manly for putting on a great afternoon and to Des for bringing back the Manly culture in the team :clap:

Just want to say I spent a very enjoyable afternoon at the S.E. Members Xmas party at Narrabeen. Wednesday afternoon isn't great timing, hence there wasn't a big crowd, but after rescheduling work, I was privileged to be there.

Have to mention all the players were wonderful - approachable, friendly, polite, happily let fans take photos and signed their merchandise and answered our questions.

Apparently pre-season training has been tough (as you would expect from Donny!) but they are all looking fit, even Suli.

A few players came and introduced themselves and/or spoke to me, incl. T-Rex, Tevita Funa, Corey Waddell, Burbo (he's massive!), etc. Have to give a special mention to Edwin Ipape, who introduced himself to me. He's very happy to be at Manly but also, as he looked around at the crowd there, said 'I'm not use to all this'. @HappilyManly in another thread was right to say coming to Narrabeen must be a huge culture shock for him.

Joel Thompson confirmed he's re-signed for 2 years. He's quite emotionally affected by his recent incident but is physically healed and fit for 2020.
AFB's recovered from his shoulder surgery and has just started light training. Said he's quite confident he'll be fit for the start of 2020. Jake's arm's still in a sling and has noticeably lost some weight but said he's 'optimistic' about being fit to start in 2020.

Notable absentees - DCE, Marty and Jorge.

Thought I'd post a few notes for those unable to be there. Thanks to Manly for putting on a great afternoon and to Des for bringing back the Manly culture in the team :clap:
Great post Alinda. However, DCE was there. At least early in the piece anyway. He signed my member's cap and we got a pic. Apparently Jorge hasn't returned to training yet after rep duty and Marty has just returned to training but wasn't at the party. Kade Cust told us this.
I think they need to have the party either a little later in the day or on a Saturday and more people would be able to attend.

I was there as well, I must say the players were terrific and DCE was there! Also Des was in very good spirits, Tom looks to be carrying some extra weight - apparently has got a rocket from Des/Donny. Very well organized by the club - one of the great benefits of being a member is the opportunity to keep up close to the team.

Great post Alinda. However, DCE was there. At least early in the piece anyway. He signed my member's cap and we got a pic. Apparently Jorge hasn't returned to training yet after rep duty and Marty has just returned to training but wasn't at the party. Kade Cust told us this.
I think they need to have the party either a little later in the day or on a Saturday and more people would be able to attend.
There will be a pre season member/fan day in late Feb at a more convenient time.

Timing was awkward yesterday but it was based around the players training schedule

It really was a fantastic afternoon - All the players really should be applauded for how approachable and engaging they were.

Had a great chat with Addin who looks to be recovering really well (looks to be ahead of Jake).

The boys looked to be in really good shape, noticeably Moses Suli was looking in really good shape, as was Dylan Walker. Dylan seems to be in a really good place, very fit and very happy here with a greater level of responsibility of at 5/8th.

Scott Penn and Stephen Humphries were also there and extremely approachable as well. Overall a great event!

DCE was there. At least early in the piece anyway. He signed my member's cap and we got a pic. Apparently Jorge hasn't returned to training yet after rep duty and Marty has just returned to training but wasn't at the party. Kade Cust told us this.
Thanks @Brooke and @The Wheel, sorry I must have missed DCE..

Nice touch by the club this morning sending me a thank you message for coming :)

For those that couldn’t make it or those who are not members this is what you missed out on!

For those that couldn’t make it or those who are not members this is what you missed out on!

Any chance of captions as the BWSE guys are a mystery :think:

Miski + ???
img_6309.jpg

AFB has really trimmed down after the Tonga win :clap:

img_6294.jpg

That's the point, we don't get to watch the 3 grades anymore :(

The U20s in particular shoot up another foot and put on muscle each off season :eek:

The club does advertise the times they play? You just have get their early or not go to the club/pub

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4