Sea Eagles may give DCE a break before finals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
SEA Eagles co-captain Jamie Lyon has revealed his club will consider giving star halfback Daly Cherry-Evans a break to freshen up in the countdown to the NRL finals.

Cherry-Evans has shouldered a heavy workload through the State of Origin campaign and has displayed plenty of courage by continuing to play with a knee injury.

Read More

SEA Eagles co-captain Jamie Lyon has revealed his club will consider giving star halfback Daly Cherry-Evans a break to freshen up in the countdown to the NRL finals.

Cherry-Evans has shouldered a h
Daly_Cherry-Evans-420x01.jpg
eavy workload through the State of Origin campaign and has displayed plenty of courage by continuing to play with a knee injury.

"I would say he might get a rest in the next few weeks," Lyon said yesterday.

"It depends on how his knee is and how his body is feeling in general.

But I'm sure that would be thought of down the track, we'll just have to wait and see how he is."

Cherry-Evans is widely regarded as the best halfback in the NRL and it is crucial he is at his best for the Sea Eagles in the play-offs.

Lyon is confident that Cherry-Evans is coping with both the physical and mental demands during this time high pressure period.

"I'm sure he is fine and he would be enjoying his time in camp with the boys," Lyon said.

"We are hoping Daly will come back fit and fresh and ready to go."

The Sea Eagles immediate concern is improving on their last start 23-16 loss to the Bulldogs when they play Wests Tigers at Brookvale Oval on Friday night.

"A couple of months ago when we played them there at Leichhardt they were too good for us and out enthused us in every single play," said Manly fullback Brett Stewart.

"So hopefully the tides will change on Friday in front of a packed house at Brookie."

Winger Jorge Taufua missed the Bulldogs game with an ankle injury and rates himself a 50-50 chance of playing on Friday.

"I have a couple of fitness tests in the next couple of days, so fingers crossed," Taufua said.
Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sea-eagles-may-give-daly-cherryevans-a-break-before-finals/story-fngr8iii-1226981928298

Related article:

Fit Cherry-Evans will play says Toovey

By James MacSmith
AAP
10:57am Thu 10th July, 2014

Manly coach Geoff Toovey has indicated he has no plans to rest Daly Cherry-Evans from Friday night's NRL match with Wests Tigers, despite the star halfback's onerous State of Origin schedule and an ongoing battle with a knee injury.

The Sea Eagles camp hinted earlier this week that Cherry-Evans could be rested in the lead-up to the NRL finals, as he battles to overcome a knee complaint that has hampered the middle third of his season.

Read More

I'm quietly confident that DCE will play against the Tigers. If he can get through this game , then Manly have a 10 day break before facing the Goons at Kogarah on Monday week.

Round 26 vs Cowboys will be rest week for plenty if top 2 spot secured.

Don't know why he'd need a break, he's played about two and a half games in the last 6 weeks and hasn't done a lot of training because of his knee.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2