Sea Eagles lose their free rides

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Mitch

Bencher
Buzz Rothfield’s What’s the Buzz:

A NUMBER of Manly Sea Eagles players, including skipper Daly Cherry-Evans, have been short-changed as a result of the NRL’s salary cap investigation into the club.

And we can assure you they are not happy about it.

Once the NRL ruled certain third party arrangements were illegal under cap rules, the Sea Eagles were forced to stop paying them.

Some players have had to return their vehicles to a local car dealer.

Whether it’s a big enough distraction to affect their on-field performances remains to be seen.

Local car dealer probably being one of our major sponsors, Brookvale Mazda.
If my memory serves me correctly, I saw in the preseason that Winterstein was given a car by them and no doubt he isn't the only one...

Makes no sense - Manly are under the Cap this year, so how can they have 'illegal' TPAs :think:

Good time for a new car dealership to get lots a free publicity :lightbulb:

So what's the problem here? Brookvale Mazda can't be a direct sponsor of Manly and also sponsor individual players through TPA's? If this is the case then you would think that this must be one of the reasons why they have been rorting the cap??

giphy.gif

New Team Bus !

So what's the problem here? Brookvale Mazda can't be a direct sponsor of Manly and also sponsor individual players through TPA's? If this is the case then you would think that this must be one of the reasons why they have been rorting the cap??

The semantics of the car deals. BM was not a direct sponsor of MWSE at the time the cars were "given", but they are now I believe. (source was a link posted here that I recall reading in the 200 pages long thread - feel free to fish around lol).

So, the cars do have to be returned or paid for by the players.

Fat chance 20 somethings with access to 300k pa would drive drive Mazdas - so back they go.

This isn't the Greenslimepricks golden moment, its just a result in the change of sponsorship arrangements BM have made.

Mr "6 Schooeys for brekky" Rothpig just likes to oink alot to sell papers.

They only came on as Sponsors this year.

Will we be penalised pro rata for the use the players have had of the cars in the time since Brookie Mazda came on board as a club sponsor?

I would imagine the cars were returned when BM came on board...or SHOULD have been.

I can't figure out why the cars needed to be returned to the dealer when the NRL have declared us under the salary cap.

Wouldn't the deal with the cars be part of that? Or are they not allowed to have them due to Brookvale Mazda being a sponsor of the club?

But if that is the case and the players have cars from a club sponsor....wouldn't that make us over the cap?

I'm confused.

It's like a free ride, when you've already paid.

Could have been a traffic jam when they're already late?

What I do find ironic is the fact that a one time close friend of Eddie Heyson is pointing out car/cap issues after the Club, like Buzz, were investigated as a result of Nuralda ...

Who would have thought it figures?

Probably without rides for 5 days ,when the now illegally club sourced 3rd party deal become non club sourced and legal third party deals.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8