Sea Eagles hit with breach notice

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Gronk

Bencher
NRL's Sea Eagles hit with breach notice

Manly has been issued with a breach notice by the NRL following Sea Eagles trainer Geoff Toovey's altercation with referee Sean Hampstead at Brookvale Oval on Saturday night.

Toovey was sent from the field by Hampstead midway through the first half of Manly's come-from-behind 20-18 win over Cronulla following a running battle between the referee and the former champion halfback.

"Get off the field, don't go screaming at me," Hampstead said to Toovey as he gave him his marching orders.

The Sea Eagles were fined an undisclosed amount by the NRL, and now have five days to make submissions in relation to the breach notice.

NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley said trainers were not allowed to talk to referees in any capacity.

"The fine has been imposed because his duties don't allow him to be offering advice to the referee during the course of the game," Annesley said.

"He's only allowed to run water and messages to his own players."

I thought they may well get into trouble.
But seriously the Hampster did not have a good game, ie. laying all over in the ruck. It seemed that in the 2nd half Manly took better advantage of this than they did in the 1st half, thus dominating more in field position.

I found it hilarious. Toovey was getting more stuck in then some of our guys! Hampster was terrible in the play-the-ball area - they were lying all over us on purpose, and Hampster did a Bill Harrigan, by thinking that by not giving any penalties you are doing a better job at refereeing. Jeez he annoyed me. Although he did do right by us by sin-binning that Sharks player.

I found it hilarious to start off with as well, but the more i think about it the more stupid i realise Toovey was. Toovey is a deadset legend but there are some things, like giving the ref a mouthful, that really shouldn't happen. As for Mr Bean, he had a shocker, players could have gone to sleep in the ruck they were laying there that long!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2