Sea Eagles heading for $1m loss

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great football department and coach.

Keystone cops everywhere else as the past 3 years of soap opera stuff has shown.

Ownership fights,drunken launch,player belts sponsor,multiple suspensions at finals time last year,huge injury toll,sacked media manager,lame duck CEO for 2 years,no sponsor this year till late,total breakdown in relationship with ruling body,more suspensions last week.The players played their part too,don't worry.

This last week was a lesson in how not to handle a situation professionally and just a continuation of amateurish practices.

My respect for Des.Crusher and Co gets greater by the day.To keep a hugely competitive team up for the last 3 years with a saga every few months is unbelieveable.Look at all the other clubs with a history of ****house administration like souths,sharks,eels. They are locked in a battle for mediocrity each and every year.

Id hate to know how much less Des has earned than the other so called super coaches like Sheens,Bennett and co.Thank God he knows nothing other than Manly.To run second this year given what has occurred since 08 is nothing short of superlative.

We are the exception to the rule when they say "Get the front office right and everything else falls into place"

Matas get off the horse. This report is speculation only. Where the 'reporter' got the information is puzzling. As a private company, there's no compulsion to report to any body other than the ATO. There would be some sort of responsibility to report to the NRL, but that would be at the end of the season. This report came out of the News Ltd flagship, The Australian, so I would think we could all take it as unreliable. It's just another destabilizing article to assist the teams they own. I would have expected better analysis from you.

DSM5 said:
Matas get off the horse. This report is speculation only. Where the 'reporter' got the information is puzzling. As a private company, there's no compulsion to report to any body other than the ATO.

I think it is pretty obvious who the source of the info was given the article is trying to paint Perry into a corner. The article even makes a claim, not reported anywhere else, that Zorba was actually sanctioned for some other comment directed at Perry.

Wasn't Brent Read the go to man when they were leaking all that info about Delmege during the fight to save Mayer.

Looks like he is using the same playbook.

Then you've got Arko's comments in this mornings Bellylaugh supporting Zorba over the 'good sort' comment. We don't want to wind up like Canberra where no-one in a position of 'authority' (other than the CEO headhunted from elsewhere) gets sacked because the coach and the CEO are brothers. We don't need a revolving door approach, because no-one with CEO qualities will want to join the Club if they know that Scott will defend Uncle Zorb to the bitter end and that Arko and the coach will side with Zorba as well.

The relationship between Penn and Zorba could potentially make things very difficult for Perry.

Arko and fulton would also most likely support zorba as well. Hopefully Perry doesn't turn out to be another Pat Wilson ceo

Who made the decision not to sell Kaspersky jumpers until next year (or the GF when we make it)?This has to be one of THE most ridiculous decisions i've ever heard of!People want to wear the jumpers of their heroes-not of the 2 owners because they're too proud to allow the sale of the sponsors jumpers.I know everyone on here gets on my case and says that Kaspersly would have known about this pre-signing,but surely this is one of the major reasons we can't attract a MAJOR LOCAL sponsor,and Kaspersky only came on late in the year..This is a failure by the club in my opinion (NOTE-MY OPINION).Maybe when the penn/qantum jumpers are still sitting there after 3 or 4 more seasons,someone will wake up to themselves!New jumper buyers want the current one,not the old one!!

Ajay we don't know the ins and outs. Maybe they were holding out because Kaspersky wasn't prepared to pay properly for this season given it was half finished already. If they give rights away for free then they devalue them for all potential buyers.

Susan, top post and very correct. Some people think we have been "wonderful" in the front office or bag out other clubs administration but it hasn't been good. Shows how good Des and Co have done.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Ajay we don't know the ins and outs. Maybe they were holding out because Kaspersky wasn't prepared to pay properly for this season given it was half finished already. If they give rights away for free then they devalue them for all potential buyers.

Yep,I understand there might be different rights,and where each party is coming from,etc.I just think (and,as you say,we don't know the ins and outs),they would want to be "courting" THIS sponsor,as,we have seen,we seem to have trouble attracting other sponsors.I know there may have been some jumper deal,but surely to relieve their financial burden,Penn and qantum could bite the bullet and put the Kaspersky's in the store.

Wolfpack said:
I think that the issue here has more to do with ISC than Penn/Quantum.

That's right Wolfpack. I just posted in the Membership thread explaining why we aren't able to release the new jersey till December.

Larissa said:
Wolfpack said:
I think that the issue here has more to do with ISC than Penn/Quantum.

That's right Wolfpack. I just posted in the Membership thread explaining why we aren't able to release the new jersey till December.
@[larissa]
Ahhhh here is a question, new jersey our 2011 jersey in december? 2012 is new home jersey amirite?

If we make the GF a limited run of 2011 jerseys will be available. If not the 2012 will be released for sale on December.

Go Manly!

Larissa

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7