Sea Eagles give Daly Cherry-Evans a well-deserved break

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
THE Sea Eagles are adopting a safety first approach to Daly Cherry-Evans to ensure he is in the best possible shape for Friday night's grand final rematch with the Roosters at Brookvale Oval.

Read More

THE Sea Eagles are adopting a safety first approach to Daly Cherry-Evans to ensure he is in the best possible shape for Friday night’s grand final rematch with the Roosters at Brookvale Oval.

The star half-back has had a torrid schedule after injuring his knee in the win over the Bulldogs at Brookvale.

Cherry-Evans then played for Queensland in last Wednesday’s second State of Origin game when after being rated little chance of being fit.

He then backed up for the Sea Eagles in Saturday night’s 26-0 win over the Sharks.

“We are resting Daley until the end of the week to freshen him up a bit,” said Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey.

He said Cherry-Evans was fine after the victory over Cronulla.

“There are no dramas,” Toovey said.

“He is still not 100 per cent but he pulled through the game well and didn’t do any more damage and it is slowly repairing.”

Cherry-Evans will be back on the field running with his teammates at tomorrow’s captain’s run.

His effort in playing against the Sharks again demonstrates the toughness of the Manly half.

“I think it was good for him mentally as well,” Toovey said.

“Coming after that loss in the State of Origin and then getting back on to the horse and playing a good match against Cronulla would have helped his confidence and rehab for the next State of Origin,” Toovey said.

The Sea Eagles have no injury concerns going into the game and Toovey yesterday named the same squad that defeated Cronulla to take on the Roosters.

Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sea-eagles-give-daly-cherryevans-a-welldeserved-break/story-fngr8iii-1226965320669

Smart man is 2V.
DCE knows we care and knows that it's a long and winding road to the GF.

When I read the headline I thought he was being rested from Friday nights game. Very happy to see that's not the case. Go Sid & Foz. Show those pretenders how it is really done.

Clint said:
When I read the headline I thought he was being rested from Friday nights game.

As did I
icon_rolleyes.gif

Jethro said:
Clint said:
When I read the headline I thought he was being rested from Friday nights game.

As did I
icon_rolleyes.gif

Me too and was thinking it was odd he would be rested for such a crucial match.

smart cookie our 2v is. hopefully sid and foz tear the roosters apart.

I'll tell you who is good at taking breaks. Glenn Stewart. That guy takes breaks like a boss!!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7