SEA EAGLES 2020......

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Walker is our star centre, we just need a new 5/8 to rise up allowing Walker to go back to his preferred position.

Possibly Cust with another solid pre season or Schuster being an outside chance next year
Walker will be 6 next year mate , only through injury he won't. Suli and Parker will be our centres , and all going well could be as long as Matai and Lyon.

Walker will be 6 next year mate , only through injury he won't. Suli and Parker will be our centres , and all going well could be as long as Matai and Lyon.

I wouldnt rule out him not being available due to his own stupidity, given his track record

Will we keep eight props in our top 30 for 2020:
Kapow, AFB, Tent, Sippers, Lance, Kepi, Guaca and the young bloke I'm keen to see promoted, Saddler.
All of these guys deserve their place imo.
Thoughts?

Will we keep eight props in our top 30 for 2020:
Kapow, AFB, Tent, Sippers, Lance, Kepi, Guaca and the young bloke I'm keen to see promoted, Saddler.
All of these guys deserve their place imo.
Thoughts?
7/8 - not been overly impressed with Boyle though did get a bit better...in saying that Hasler knows who stays and if he wants all 8 - that's the gig.

I really hope Brad Parker has an awesome season. I know there are plenty of doubters after his performances pre-2019, but the past is in the past! I'm a huge fan of his now so I may be biased, but I honestly reckon he had an awesome 2019. Obviously, to be chosen in the PMXIII's and junior Kangaroos is enough in itself to prove this. Will be great to see how he goes next year, and even better that he is another local junior!

I really hope Brad Parker has an awesome season. I know there are plenty of doubters after his performances pre-2019, but the past is in the past! I'm a huge fan of his now so I may be biased, but I honestly reckon he had an awesome 2019. Obviously, to be chosen in the PMXIII's and junior Kangaroos is enough in itself to prove this. Will be great to see how he goes next year, and even better that he is another local junior!

You’d of had plenty of knockers this time last year , now you’ll get mostly support for those comments.

Credit where credit is due. I had written off Parker at the end of season 18 and he proved me wrong and had a great season 19. I hope the kid has better luck with injuries and has another great season in 20. It looks to be some good talent coming through in the backs so that should keep Parker and Suli on their toes.

Im with you Ella

I suspect Brad, it will start that way but I cant see that arrangement by years end.
Fair enough but if they start with walker at 6 and with a full off season behind him , not sure in the sense of bringing in say Cust as the season progresses. I just see it that Walker got better and better with Dce as the season deepened and looked very dangerous. The other thing is who do you drop Parker or Suli to accommodate him back in the centres ? . Only bad form to me will stop him from being our long term 6 .

I feel Walker improved immensely at the end of the season particularly when DCE was very quiet in games due to injury or whatever reasons. Walker was near running the show, so maybe another offseason may be the time needed for Walker to really settle in the role and become a more accomplished #6 for 2020.

Unless Des signs someone, it is Manlys best choice

I feel Walker improved immensely at the end of the season particularly when DCE was very quiet in games due to injury or whatever reasons. Walker was near running the show, so maybe another offseason may be the time needed for Walker to really settle in the role and become a more accomplished #6 for 2020.

Unless Des signs someone, it is Manlys best choice

With Cust getting a year older, with a full off season in the squad under des I have more confidence in our abilities to field a capable five eighth next season with our existing roster. Especially with Croker as an X factor.

Given Parker and Suli performed so well I think they have to be given the first shot at starting centre positions next season. Both are young and are only going to get better, especially as Des expands on structures this off season. It’s all very exciting. However centre is a position where we could do with some more depth, unless Funa actually turns out to be the real deal.

For me, we need another bench second rower with Siro and Gojetskis injury histories.

Currently I see the 15 forwards in our top 30 for 2020 comprising:
eight props (Kapow, AFB, Tent, Sippers, Lance, Kepi, Guaca, Saddler)
four second rowers (Thommo, Siro, Jetski, Duck)
two hookers (Fainu, Doker-Clay)
One lock (Jake)
That seems a little light on for second rowers, but Tent and Guaca could certainly fill in there.
In the backs I see Croker and Parker potentially filling in at lock in an emergency. Conversely, Doker-Clay can fill in as halfback.
There doesn't appear any room for a new recruit in the 15 backs, as I suggest Schuster, Ben Turbo and Hopa Jnr will all be 'new' faces to add to our existing stock of backs.
Thus, I can't see any new signings for next season.
The 30-man squad does look very good to me; an exciting blend of youth with real forward power.

One lock (Jake)
That seems a little light on for second rowers, but Tent and Guaca could certainly fill in there.
In the backs I see Croker and Parker potentially filling in at lock in an emergency. Conversely, Doker-Clay can fill in as halfback.
There doesn't appear any room for a new recruit in the 15 backs, as I suggest Schuster, Ben Turbo and Hopa Jnr will all be 'new' faces to add to our existing stock of backs.
The 30-man squad does look very good to me; an exciting blend of youth with real forward power.

Think you are pretty right with this , I too can’t see the addition of anyone.

One lock (Jake)

Good comments. I've always seen young Parker moving to the back row and I think he'll thrive there

Has to be taken into account that Brad Parker played the majority of his injury free i st grade matches as a winger in 2018 and never really looked that comfortable there . Also can understand some criticism of some of his performances in that position but some was also unwarranted . Always has seemed to have the ability to beat a first attempted tackle and this is a real advantage with him playing as a centre and indicative with many of his tries this season along with his solid and reliable defensive reads . Quite a wrap with his inclusion in the rep side , and importantly injury free , should have further improvement in him going forward . Can "t really see his running and playing style being that suited to a 2 nd row future role though .

The roster looks good. We just need some luck with injuries next year. With this roster and our present coaching and conditioning staff we should be aiming at nothing less than top 4 but we need to make a strong start to the season.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4