Sea Eagle Blake Green’s winning challenge without Cooper Cronk

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
THEY formed one of the NRL’s most lethal scrumbase combinations and now new Sea Eagles five-eighth Blake Green faces the challenge of winning without his former Melbourne Storm team mate Cooper Cronk.

Statistics reveal that as a starting No. 6 playing alongside Cronk, Green has won 34 out of 47 games.

But when he had another halfback Green has won just once in 24 outings at Parramatta, Cronulla, Canterbury, Melbourne and now the Sea Eagles.

His halfbacks in those games since 2009 have been Tim Smith (2 games), Brett Kimmorley (7), current Sea Eagles coach Trent Barrett (4), Brett Seymour (1), Scott Porter (4), Paul Gallen (1), Ben Barba (1), Ben Hampton (3) and Daly Cherry-Evans (1).

Full story here: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...k/news-story/d425280be8f2e419ab4ff39dff7e7201

Pretty damming statistics. Sounds like twenty and fulton didn't do their homework on Green before they signed him.

Green is the new Williame He has a loser curse unless Cronk is playing alongside him

Wait, dont tell me the journeyman 6 that has had 7 clubs in 10 seasons has only played well in a team with top players around him???? shocking... wonder what the stats are for gareth widdop, another "superstar" 6 at storm who hasnt done much since he left... seems to be a pattern here

Any 5/8 that plays with that lineup at 7 wouldn't win many a game. Seriously, how is Gallen a halfback haha!

You can read into that what you want.

If you were to ask if he was a good buy back in that time when he was playing alongside those guys the answer was probably no but like a lot of us when we are starting out in our trade we have a lot to learn.

I think he showed in his time in Super League and with the Storm he has developed into a more than competent player.

He is not meant to be the superstar that is not his role. Personally I thought he had a solid game last week. It is hard to judge the guy on one performance when we had very little ball or field position.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4