Schuster and Paseka deserve credit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Paseka monstered a few defensively and ran hard, taking plenty of Illawarra players to stop him, often no support or good offloads dropped....but he gave it a Red hot go...
Also Schuster playing backrow has been outstanding as a youngster coming into the top grade.
He is making breaks, setting up numerous opportunities and his defence is far better than his experienced team mates.
Also both these blokes show more aggression and pride in the Manly jersey than the more experienced players who are meant to lead them....that was near the only positive from tonight's debacle....Well played Paseka and schu...

Paseka monstered a few defensively and ran hard, taking plenty of Illawarra players to stop him, often no support or good offloads dropped....but he gave it a Red hot go...
Also Schuster playing backrow has been outstanding as a youngster coming into the top grade.
He is making breaks, setting up numerous opportunities and his defence is far better than his experienced team mates.
Also both these blokes show more aggression and pride in the Manly jersey than the more experienced players who are meant to lead them....that was near the only positive from tonight's debacle....Well played Paseka and schu...
How good are Shusters no look passes, everyone of them on a platter for his support.

I agree with your best two of the night. No doubt.

I also though Aloiai had a real dig. High workrate. Sipley was effective for limited minutes.

Foran ran some great lines, but the attacking line is always flat footed. I don't feel like the passing is of great quality, and DCE needs to have a more defined role rather than run all over the place and turn the ball back inside. Why do Melbourne and Souths always seem to be punching forward with deep backlines but Manly look always shallow and end up with one-out plays?. It's very bulldogs-like.

The team does not look fit, and certainly nowhere near the fitness of other teams, Not sure why. Despite what looked like hard running they don't bend the line and support each other.

NYEagle

How bloody good would the Shoe be in that Panthers team where he has a solid team doing the basics well while he is free to do his thing. It's sad, but I can see him stagnating within this team unless it makes a major shift. Realistically, he will probably leave and move on elsewhere before it gets that bad.

Paseka is finally starting to play to his potential. High time too because with his size and talent he should and could be one of the most dominant props in rugby league.

As for Schuster ... I would say when Siro comes back that as it stands right now with their relative performances, Jetski should be the one in danger of being dropped.

Paseka is finally starting to play to his potential. High time too because with his size and talent he should and could be one of the most dominant props in rugby league.

As for Schuster ... I would say when Siro comes back that as it stands right now with their relative performances, Jetski should be the one in danger of being dropped.
Paseka has been coming to his potential since last year. He was probably our best player last year, he was easily our most improved. He's just only getting recognition now, I can't wait for how much better he is going to get. Schuster and Olakatau as our starting backrowers with Siro on the bench would be the best case for the rest of the year.

Schuster is so good aye... a 19 year old 6 having to play in the backrow, and then totally excelling both defensively and in his running lines...
Paseka looking really strong too...
Aloiai was strong as well.
Players who were poor:
DCE looks horribly out of sorts when his team isn't dominating.
Walker played reasonably well, but is not a fullback and should have been let go about 2 years ago with his issues on and off the field.
Suli isn't offering anything unfortunately (Parker offers more).
Gosieweski tries hard, but is a bench player at best.

Gosiewski realistically shouldn’t be in first grade. I cannot cop the errors from him every single week.

Schuster is a special talent, he’ll be one of our best by the end of the year (already is). Unfortunately for him he’s providing good service to the likes of Parker who’d have some more success trying to catch a beach ball as opposed to a football.

And Paseka is playing with aggression. That’s what I like. He’s confidence has really grown.
The only issue with Schu is why the f$&@ was he not in the run in side in round one! Guy is a gun.

Paseka was pretty decent but lets not go overboard, 60 odd metres and 4 missed tackles.

Aloiai had a much better game IMO

Fine young players with spark leading the way..i am proud of their efforts in a benny hill style team...please guys dont lose the passion and energy..dont let certain others bring you down..lead by example and put to shame the senior players..maybe dce and others could find inspiration from these guys efforts and step up..but hey their heads are prob to far up their asses to even notice

Yes Jetski is playing with multiple injuries, he winces in every tackle he makes .... we need to get Saddler into the squad imho ... and I agree Paseka, Schuster and Aloiai were our best with Foran and Jake close behind .... we get burned for speed all over the paddock ... Suli is slow and lazy ... Parker's hands spolit an otherwise strong performance

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8