SCG should be our home.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
If we dont get any action on a significant upgrade to brookie in the next 12 months then Manly should move to the SCG. Imagine reigniting the spiritual home of rugby league. All that history could be used as a promotion to get people through the gate.Surely the SCG trust would pay Manly to play there as it gets almost no use during winter with the Swans all but moved to Olympic stadium. Corporate facilities would be enormous as well as facilities for ticket holders. Put on a swag of buses from the Leagues club. We cant crack more than 13-14000 at brookie and we have to pay for the priveledge of using the run down facilities, its just a poor joke.

Who wants to drive all that way for a home game.
Expensive parking, Tolls etc.

No thanks.

Clubs will live and die on their ability to attract the corporate dollar and sponsorships. We can offer nothing attractive to either while we continue to put up with these antiquated facilities. If Brookie doesnt get on upgrade to a standard like Bluetongue,Penrith or Parra Stadium then we have no alternative but to move to where we can offer something attractive to the corpoprate dollar.Crowds through the gate form a very small portion of a clubs revenue stream. With our paltry crowds we have to do something and I'm sure we could attract more than the average 13000 at brookie. Either go to the over used and sterile SFS or do a deal and play at the SCG.

mickqld said:
If we dont get any action on a significant upgrade to brookie in the next 12 months then Manly should move to the SCG. Imagine reigniting the spiritual home of rugby league. All that history could be used as a promotion to get people through the gate.Surely the SCG trust would pay Manly to play there as it gets almost no use during winter with the Swans all but moved to Olympic stadium. Corporate facilities would be enormous as well as facilities for ticket holders. Put on a swag of buses from the Leagues club. We cant crack more than 13-14000 at brookie and we have to pay for the priveledge of using the run down facilities, its just a poor joke.
mickqld - Stop. Please. Now. I am a long time Jane Try season ticket holder and I won't be going to the SCG to watch footy from 3 miles away sitting in a stand designed for cricket, not rugby league. You know better than suggesting this. Stupid, stupid idea. SFS? Now that's different.

we lose our identity if we dont play at brookie..
its like we are homeless but we`re MANLY we play anywhere but MANLY.. nah it sux even if it takes 1 & half hours of the trip.. its closer for me but wouldnt be the same as the ground where all the Manly greats set foot on.. i knw cricket ground has tradition & history , but its not all manlys where brookie`s is ...

Haha the SCG? Come off it mate, surely this thread is just a jab to try & get people to fire up. If we were ever going to move from Brookie (But remain the MWSE) we would go to the SFS.

This thread has been done to death on here over the past couple seasons anyway so let it go, we already know most posters' opinion on the topic anyway.

Garts said:
SFS is way better than the SCG

Hey Garts how ya been ;).. why arent you sticking it to me yet lol.. looks like we going ok ,, culd have blooded DCE last yr but we going ok so guess i was wrong in a way when i wanted Hodgkinson out & DCE in to get the experience, he going really good all the young guys are ..

Wow,This is the worst idea since the Rugby League should be played in sets idea

Well he isnt one of the old boys,he is a bussinessman which should make some very happy

Brookie is never going to fixed due to the Council. A move will be on the cards but where is the question. The SCG is only used on heritage rounds once a year.
If I had to travel it would be North Sydney Oval.

North Sydney Oval isn't up to NRL standards anymore.
I like the scg, but that's only because my only memory was an epic win against the eels a few years ago. I don't like the idea of playing out of the sfs, too generic, not enough atmosphere.
Sadly, the only way I can see brookie surviving is if the oval gets a major redevelopment, which basically means goodbye hill! We need to do whatever we can to survive and unfortunately today, I just can't see a grassy hill being part of a national league franchise!

Nothing will be done at Brookie - they will spend some money to fix the toilets and fix up the oval and seats but thats all.
The Council/Residents dont want to build anything on the hill side and it will remain the same. The only way something could get done was if someone bought the oval but that will not happen because 1. the Council will not sell it and 2. the residents will appeal any constuction on the hillside and they will win it.
We are stuck in a no-win situation with Brookie and will have to put up with it until we leave and go elsewhere.

I knew mickqld was smoking something the moment he said that Brookie needed to get to the standards of Bluetongue. mick, I can get a beer at Brookie, I couldn't last time I went to Bluetongue.

I want to watch footy in a footy ground, not a Meccano Set...or a cricket ground for that matter either.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6