• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
This is the second Sunday that the epitomy of journalism, Danny Weidler, has intimated that SBW is serious about heading to Rugby. Last week Danny hit the Dogs claiming that his pay packet doesn't match his ability.

THe cleanskin of RL (think DUI, trysts in toilets) wants to move to, I suppose, where he will be most appreciated. I have no love for the Dogs but you have to question the character of SBW when he has just signed a new 3 year contract that a club bases their recruitment and on-field tactics around, and he says 'gee, maybe I could do better elsewhere'.

Firstly, RL is the game that gave him his lifestyle and fame and he wants to toss away the faith given to him by everyone involved; and secondly it is a low act to walk out when you have made a commitment to people.

I am not impressed. Let him go and the sooner the better.

It was a 5 year deal, not a 3 year one.

Weidler's column is just a mish-mash of his favourite players and I suppose he has to keep Sonny on there on a weekly basis and this is the story he wants to push at the moment.

I imagine if you asked anybody in the NRL if they would consider moving clubs/codes if their pay packet was doubled that every one of them would say they would consider it.

Sonny cops a lot more criticism than is warrented I feel. The DUI was a bad move, but the other things he has done are barely worth mentioning. Pissing in an alley? F*ck me dead, I did it last night. Slamming a skank in a pub toilet? Good on him!

I don't expect him to see out his contract at the Dogs to be perfectly honest, I can see him going to the Warriors when Price and Wiki's contracts are both up in the near future. I would, however, be very surprised to see him turn up in Union.

Do people read Danny Worm's column ?? Budgie cage lining for mine.

willstyles link said:
It was a 5 year deal, not a 3 year one.

Weidler's column is just a mish-mash of his favourite players and I suppose he has to keep Sonny on there on a weekly basis and this is the story he wants to push at the moment.

I imagine if you asked anybody in the NRL if they would consider moving clubs/codes if their pay packet was doubled that every one of them would say they would consider it.

Sonny cops a lot more criticism than is warrented I feel. The DUI was a bad move, but the other things he has done are barely worth mentioning. Pissing in an alley? F*ck me dead, I did it last night. Slamming a skank in a pub toilet? Good on him!

I agree, pissing in an alley is nothing hay when you gotta go you gotta go. Same goes with the chick :)

Danny Weilder is full of crap 95% of the time and the other 5% is only when he gets a lucky hit or the "inside scoop" is already known by everyone.

Livenews 2/05/2008 7:11:00 AM.
Could Sonny Bill Williams switch codes?

Bulldogs superstar Sonny Bill Williams would seriously contemplate switching to rugby union and chase dual international status if the All Blacks offered him enough money.

Williams' thoughts are sure to send shockwaves through Belmore after the club secured him on a bargain five-year deal last year worth around $400,000 a season.

The fact Williams agreed to less than his market value for a longer term deal could come back to haunt the Bulldogs if the New Zealand Rugby Union moves to poach the 22-year-old.

Just last month, Williams said his belief in loyalty was diminished after Willie Mason walked out on the Bulldogs last November and in the future he would only sign deals that looked after him and his family.

He could easily command double his NRL contract at the All Blacks and said the lure of defecting to union was genuine.

"It's probably the number one sport and game in New Zealand and every young kid aspires to such great heights as playing for the All Blacks," he told the Nine Network.

"If they (NZRU) did come knocking with a good offer I would definitely have to sit down and seriously look at it.

"I'm grown up now and professional so, yeah, I would have to say yes."

Manlybacker if someone said to you would you consider changing jobs if they offered you double the salary, you would obviously consider it.  He was asked a question and honestly answered it, no big deal.  He did not come out on his own accord and say he wants to be a all black and wants out of his contract.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7