Satellite Image

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
Guys,

A friend of mine was using some program, I think it may have been through Yahoo??, but if you typed in a postcode or suburb name in Aus it basically showed you a Satellite image of the area and you could zoom in or out.

Does anyone know what its called and where I can find it?

its called google earth (or something similar)

i was trying to use it a couple of nights ago but it was too busy. I have seen it before - really cool

I think its Google maps with a bit of mucking about I could bring up a photo of my house from about 100 metres up - looked a couple of months old though

correct.

Google earth is downloadable onto your computer and images of australia are being improved daily as they were previously fuzzy.

Otherwise you have http://maps.google.com which is kind of cool but google earth is a great app.

Apparently in the US google are going to be offering free wirelss internet so you just need a normal computer with a wireless card and you can pick up the signal, in return they serve localised ads to you and when you search etc it narros searches and advets to your immediate area. how awesome is that. you could be anywher ein the US, have no idea where you are, hook up your pc to the connection and find soemwhere just up the road to get yourself a steak or something, hook it into google maps and its just awesome!

yeah but i mean free ANYWHERE in the US with localised links and links to google earth. its kind of like a free navman aswell

And it would be legal too!!

Yeah how good would that be. I wonder how long before something similar would be released here.

Started using google earth a couple of weeks ago, I don't know what is actually good for but is awesome fun going places around the world, and your own backyard.

The funny thing is though I always go to places I have already been to, why don't I go to places I have never been?

same here Pete. wierd!

its amazing when you think about. That is a civilian satellite. Imagine the power on a government spy satellite!!!

apparantly they can read the print over your shoulder on a news paper

same here Pete. wierd!

its amazing when you think about. That is a civilian satellite. Imagine the power on a government spy satellite!!!

apparantly they can read the print over your shoulder on a news paper

The guy who came into work and told me about it said that he could look at his house and when cars went past out the front the sound they made came through his computer speakers, I later found out he was from Nimbin

lol yes he was full of **** clearly since google earth and maps.google are cached images some over 1 month old

Your right Dan, the US can read and see a lot.

Their GPS is accurate down to less than 1m, they add noise to the public ones to reduce the accuracy - i have use the military ones

I Googled Earth over Dubbo last night, saw something with an extremley large head and over inflated ego, thinking I had spotted something that I may have had recognised I zoomed in closer, the images blurred slightly, and I thought yes it is, it is the image of Matebele, but alas as Google Earth refocused it was only a rhino on heat at the Dubbo zoo..

lol pete

some of the images are really old, the one of my work is ancient, taken well before i started, at least 2 years old as the geniuses that decided to build a sticky tape factory next door have only just started construction

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4