Samantha in strife (and medical retirement rorts)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If they do try and medically retire him they might need to explain Sam’s brother’s statement that “He’s had a few operations ever since he was young on his shoulder,”.

Clearly a pre-existing injury but like others I would not be surprised if he gets given the Choc / Inglis treatment on the basis that “he has given the game so much” and “the game owes him” (in addition to his $1m plus a year contract).

That’s not the issue so much, it’s more about who pays out the contract. They will request the insurance company does (which they are unlikely to) as that means it doesn’t impact the salary cap. It’s when the insurance company knocks back the claim, then the nrl give salary cap dispensation - that’s the big scam as the nrl just make the rules up on a whim

That’s not the issue so much, it’s more about who pays out the contract. They will request the insurance company does (which they are unlikely to) as that means it doesn’t impact the salary cap. It’s when the insurance company knocks back the claim, then the nrl give salary cap dispensation - that’s the big scam as the nrl just make the rules up on a whim
Quite right, and they will give dispensation no doubt. I will piss myself laughing when they try and sell it.

The media will say that Souths are only concerned about Sams welfare, he's retiring for personal reasons that have nothing to do with pre-existing injuries.
He'll be payed out in full as a gesture of goodwill by a mystery benefactor named Russell.
Greenberg will tell us he's been an ornament to the game and wish him a speedy recovery from his mental demons.
Souths will suffer no financial penalty and be applauded for their humanitarian act.
Some people may complain about level playing fields but after a couple of weeks they'll give up as they've seen it all before.

Does lightening strike twice with Souffs and star f&&^r Greenburg?
Im betting it does ,next to Uncle Nick and Scam Smith there is the rotund Russel who I am sure our jelly backed hero Greenturd will happily acquiesce to and sign off on his request to exempt from the salary cap , serial cheap shotter, cat and grub Samantha B .
Greenburg has no shame as we know like the administrative turnstile and corporate prostitute that he is will wave this latest rort thru to the cough cough ,,"salary cap auditor" who will in turn wave it thru like a lolly pop man waves cars thru on a country road repair ,,nice and easy.
And in addition they will not detect the slightest hint of hypocrisy in the decision when looked thru the prism that was the disgraceful way that a real Rugby League hero and genuine nice guy was treated at Manly in Glen Stewart .
Greenburg you never cease to sicken me ,,,and you wonder why crowds are falling etc and yet you still put your grubby greedy hand up for another handout form the NRL in recognition of your abysmal performance ...disgusting

1571715460844.png

the above barely sums up how I feel about this latest in a long line of unfair unjust and in my opinion ,salary cap malpractices

2 areas needing urgent attention are the circumstances around salary cap dispensation for retiring players, and players signing for ‘unders’ for any particular reason.

Both areas desperately need clarity.

Greenberg’s notorious ‘consistency is overrated’ policies are destroying fans’ faith in the integrity of the game.

2 areas needing urgent attention are the circumstances around salary cap dispensation for retiring players, and players signing for ‘unders’ for any particular reason.

Greenberg’s notorious ‘consistency is overrated’ policies are destroying fans’ faith in the integrity of the game.

I still seriously struggle with that ‘consistency is overrated’ comment. I can’t believe that the media and others didn’t slam greenturd for it. It is the most ridiculous and incorrect comment of all times

You have three parties involved in this, Souths, the NRL and the insurance company, and two of them are stupid.
From past dealings with insurance companies, they are NOT stupid and no insurance company is not going to part easily with around $4 million because Sam says he has a sore shoulder and can't play anymore, he has arthritis and that doesn't happen overnight or even one season, and has also had numerous operations.
Souths are stupid because they knew his shoulders were suspect yet they recently signed him up to a new deal.
The NRL is stupid because they will fall for Sam and South's story about a catastrophic injury and give him dispensation, I can just see it, they fell for the Inglis story, so why not this one, after all it is the pride of the league we're talking about?.

If souffs don’t get dispensation straight away, I guess the next step will be either a mystery career ending injury at pre-season training (sound familiar) or the abuse of the mental health card again (all too familiar)

Both the principle that a player that recieves a career ending injury may be retired without salary cap penalty .... and a player past his prime or having long service at a club signing for unders ... are genuine situations .... and can be accomodated ....

But ... you are 100% correct .... any faith that GreenTurd or the NRL can manage these cases with any degree of honesty and consistency ... are forlorn ...

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8