Sam who????

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
What happened to Sam Harris, who left Manly to get a chance to play first grade at the Tigers??

Is he injured or not good enough to make the grade? Is anybody not glad that he left the Eagles?

I'm sorry that Sam is not playing against us this weekend.

He would have been good for at least 3 dropped balls and 4 missed tackles.

He left becuase he was offered more money I'm sure. You heard it here - he will not play a single game of 1st Grade this year.

are you sure hes not with the Kangaroo Squad! lol

if ever there was a waste of space on the football team, he would not even be on our current bench right now.

i saw him play one game for the Tigers off the bench.
No impact att all and dropped a few. Glad he is gone. Wate of money and space.

The only game I saw him play for the Tigers this year was I think against the Cowboys and I swear he must've missed 10 tackles in his short stint on the field. I remember him missing like 3 in the space of 2 minutes before he was hooked by sheens.

harris played against us in the trials, my mate after the game innocently ( and not joking ) said, i wonder why harris didnt play lol, he was that good!

Harris is an enigma. Apparently has potential, but hasn't produced the goods. His last game or two for us he took it up and offloaded strongly. Why he doesn't play like that normally I don't know. Hodges has been the same. Except this year all of a sudden he's showing his potential and has been one of the top centres in the comp. Weird.

Maybe Harris needs to start believing in himself.

i dont think Harris is even in Hodges Class, Hodges has achieved way way more, eve played State of Origen! although that game was slightly unhappy for him hehe

Hi All,

A mate of mine is a tigers fan – in the build up to this week he has sent me a few emails uncluding this one (it was titled “thanks for Harris”)

By Wayne Cousins (Wests Tigers Media Officer)

Lock Sam Harris could be on the verge of returning to the Wests Tigers side if he can maintain his current form.

Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers coach Peter Gentle says Harris has been playing some good football since coming back to the Premier League side.

Harris was one of the Wests Tigers big recruits in the off-season, having previously played 61 games with the Manly club.

He has played just two out of seven games for the Wests Tigers.

"Sam is playing some pretty good footy. I don't think I will have him for much longer,'' Gentle said.

"He is just one of several players who puts in each week.

"Second-rowers Jarrod Saffy and Tevita Metuisela are going well at the moment.

"Taniela Tuiaki is also coming along well week by week as a winger.
We still play him a little bit in the back-row which probably presents an opportunity for him to pick up a bench spot in the Wests Tigers side.''

Balmain-Ryde Eastwood Tigers sit in fifth place on the NSW Premier League ladder after eight rounds, with four wins from seven games.

The side heads into the round nine clash against Manly at Leichhardt Oval on Sunday, May 7, looking for an improved performance after losing 32-18 to St George-Illawarra the previous week.

The Tigers side that day included Wests Tigers players Anthony Laffranchi, Keith Galloway and Shannon McDonnell, who used the weekend bye to get some more game time.

Gentle said injuries to the Wests Tigers had meant the Balmain Ryde Eastwood side was left with a different line-up.

"We have dropped off a bit after starting the season well but we are still finding our feet. I don't think we have had the same side on the field twice yet, which is normal for Premier League,' Gentle said.

"I can't fault their efforts. It is just their execution is a concern at the moment,'' Gentle said.

"Manly will be tough. They knocked off Parramatta last week and ended their undefeated run.

"We will have our hands full again but back playing at Leichhardt Oval before the Wests Tigers game seems to lift us, so it would be great to see as many Tigers supporters there early cheering the boys on.''

Kick-off is 12.50pm
Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers
1 Ben Jeffery
2 Corey Niwa
3 Keith Eshman
4 Bronson Harrison
5 Taniela Tuiaki
6 Dean Caldwell
7 Ben Reynolds
8 Keith Galloway
9 Jamie Nowland
10 Stacey Katu
11 Jarrod Saffy
12 Tevita Metuisela
13 Sam Harris

14 Tommy Gemmel
15 Rangi Chase

Only 2 players named on the bench, they maybe expecting a couple of players to be dropping back from NRL eg Hodgson & marshall will play

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2