Sam Verrills

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We should sign him for 2022 then agitate for an early release. Even if Fainu is cleared their playing styles complement eachother.

Would absolutely complete our side!
[/QUO
Very good idea, Avalon Bulldog junior and should be a priority signing as he has already a premiership and grand final try scorer. You have to question, how the hell was this kid not signed by our club? We cannot afford to fritter away quality juniors like this kid!

Him or Freddy Lussick as the backup plan if we can’t get Sam. I’ve been wanting this for a while, at times though it feels that with Fainu on the books it isn’t likely, although a roaming lock option would be nice and so would the one-two punch return.

Someone mentioned on here awhile ago that Verrills didn’t want to play for Manly.

Unsure why, perhaps connected in some way to his older brother’s tragic death.

Someone mentioned on here awhile ago that Verrills didn’t want to play for Manly.

Unsure why, perhaps connected in some way to his older brother’s tragic death.
I think it was more to do with not get a go in the junior reps because of all the imports getting first crack at starting but it was also a difficult time personally

Hmmmm I might have missed this one. Who was his brother?
Twin brother
Sam Verrills does have a twin brother, Ollie. His older brother, Jack, sadly took his own life aged 20 when Sam and Ollie were 15. Sam has the initials 'JV' on his wristband for every game.

Yes it would be wonderful to have Sam back at Manly but he seems pretty committed to the Roosters, who gave him his break in the NRL.

I wouldnt say there is much chance of freddy lussick coming here after the way manly pushed his brother and old man out

I wouldnt say there is much chance of freddy lussick coming here after the way manly pushed his brother and old man out
True, somehow I forgot he was one of THE lussicks

Problem is Sam won’t jump ship knowing he’s next in line to be the hooker at Roosters when if he comes to Manly, he will potentially be the utility behind Fainu.

If Fainu is found guilty than I think Manly becomes a little more appealing to dummy halves in the comp.
Fainu is better than Verills anyways. Well he was pre jail... hopefully Fainu comes back the same player

otherwise if Fainu does get convicted Verrills or Tom Starling would be the perfect players to take the #9 long term.

The option most likely imo if we do grab someone would be Peats who is unsigned at the moment
1 year deal. Base contract and purely as a back up... unless there is some young gun out there??? Is ZDC still at Blacktown? We can still use him without actually signing him to our top 30. Maybe why Des isn't too fussed about signing a hooker cos he knows we can use ZDC

• 👍
Reactions: bSw

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4