Sam Moa

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ryan....
Not bad but would rather :
Start Brown not Symonds.
Flick Mateo
Tom T before Gutherson.
Don't think Api was signed for five eighth. After Killer's defence Sunday he's the man.....Hiku or Gutherson centre.
Moa adds the spice.
Addison D and Liam Knight got to be advanced next year. Hoping for big games on Wednesday night.

Ryan....
Not bad but would rather :
Start Brown not Symonds.
Flick Mateo
Tom T before Gutherson.
Don't think Api was signed for five eighth. After Killer's defence Sunday he's the man.....Hiku or Gutherson centre.
Moa adds the spice.
Addison D and Liam Knight got to be advanced next year. Hoping for big games on Wednesday night.
What's the problem with Mateo? He's been quite good when not injured this year. Lead a lot of second phase opportunities with the offloads and can take a good, prop like hit up.

Just think he is overweight and goes missing in action when the going gets tough. Admittedly played better yesterday but still a major worry in big games when the whips are cracking and he tries those miracle balls.
There is a reason why the Warriors flicked him.

I feel like with a pack that has punch, he is a weapon. Plays great on the days the forwards get a roll on.

If Moa does sign, i'd go with

8) Myles
9) Ballin
10) Moa
11) Brown
12) Buhrer
13) Lussick

14) Lawrence
15) Trbojevic
16) Mateo
17) Starling/Symonds/Koroisau/Hodges depending on who our opposition is

Starling really showed his worth yesterday and I think he needs to be on the bench somewhere, even if it's at the expense of Lawrence who I think needs to really wrestle for a spot in the pack next year, rather than walk straight back in.

I would love Moa in the team, but...do we need another prop? Almost at the point where our young up-and-comers are going to be overlooked for someone from 'outside' the club...just doesn't sit real well with me. I think Sao is improving week on week, starting to dominate - he deserves to be in the squad each week. Starling will never take a backward step either. One or the other is going to miss out on a regular basis if we keep on buying.

Makes some sense Freagle if you have Jake, Myles, Sao, Starling, Lussick, Lawrence ( some see him more as a back rower now).
Would you rather go for a big, hard running and strong tackling back rower in the Guerra, Cordner mould?

I would love Moa in the team, but...do we need another prop? Almost at the point where our young up-and-comers are going to be overlooked for someone from 'outside' the club...just doesn't sit real well with me. I think Sao is improving week on week, starting to dominate - he deserves to be in the squad each week. Starling will never take a backward step either. One or the other is going to miss out on a regular basis if we keep on buying.
@Freagle I get the point u make about Not wanting Moa to take a local juniors place. I say all will co-exist nicely. We need a Moa type. The local kids will all be that much better from playing with such a quality prop like Moa in the squad.

Sao has over achieved this year in my book. The club would be mad to not find a place for Ligi. But whilst Chee Kam is still developing Ligi hasn't been an over night success. A stand out in under 20's 3 years ago, he has taken time to get used to playing against Men in the NSW Cup.

We will be stupid if we let Demetriou or Knight go. But seriously don't expect a bloke that young to be an overnight sensation in forwards. If they can develop as quick as Sao and Jake T taking 3 years they are doing well. Big difference being a young prop up against blokes with bigger body shapes developed over many years, to playing out on the wing where a young bloke with speed and skill can flourish.

could we have all these fowards and rotate on a regular basis? match - match. could that method work? keeping them hungry for game time or would match fitness or lack of be a reason not to try this?

it would make us disjointed just like this year where we haven't played the same 17 2 weeks in a row

Just think he is overweight and goes missing in action when the going gets tough. Admittedly played better yesterday but still a major worry in big games when the whips are cracking and he tries those miracle balls.
There is a reason why the Warriors flicked him.
I tend to agree however he has really put in some fantastic stats for the past 2 games. Around 30 tackles and 130+ metres both games. A few offloads and a good line break. Like a real 2nd rower. More please feleti.

Would be a great signing, can never have too many forwards and 1-2 are always injured

Waiting for the "he must be crap if the Roosters don't want to keep him" to appear though

Runs hard and makes the hard metres. We could do a lot worse . If we still have the coin, get this man a 10 jersey and let him and jake show how we do it at manly

Makes some sense Freagle if you have Jake, Myles, Sao, Starling, Lussick, Lawrence ( some see him more as a back rower now).
Would you rather go for a big, hard running and strong tackling back rower in the Guerra, Cordner mould?
Yes, maybe... Symonds goes part of the way, and seems to be getting more physical the more time he spends in our back row...but it still seems like we are lacking the skill and power we are used to there.

Mateo and T-Red are the two Manly forwards that have ball skills. Why would you not want them in your 17?

Because both are only good when surrounded by a strong team dominating. As we have seen this year, their form becomes scratchy when they are faced with an up-hill battle. Champions come in and do what is necessary to drag the time across the line. Both of these two have not showed that quality despite numerous opportunities.

T-Red is not living up to the potential. No where near enough consistent ball running of good lines off the play makers, though I do give him a fair amount of slack as he has been filling in the centres to cover injuries for a lot of the season.

Mateo was outstanding in most departments yesterday. However, he has some major flaws in his game that are often high-lighted when we are struggling as a team. Doesn't have control over his off-loads. By that I mean, he often passes when he shouldn't and fails to let go when he should. Secondly, he has a lazy attitude off the ball. Watch his background play and how he works when he doesn't have ball in hand. IMO, this is the single thing that has stopped him from reaching great heights. Attitude.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7