Sam Burgess

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
Rumore going around that Burgess has signed with the Rabbits.

Thats 3 props signed over the last 3 months the Rabbits - Taylor - Ross - Burgess. They already have some plenty of forwards but no backs - ha hope they come last.

Too bad we didnt get Burgess

The NRL should do a full and constant audit of Burgess' finances because no doubt Crowe has given him a bag full of cash as an added incentive.

tookey link said:
The NRL should do a full and constant audit of Burgess' finances because no doubt Crowe has given him a bag full of cash as an added incentive.

Dam you Crowe I beat you robbed a lot of money from the poor didn't you Robin Hood

Crowe went and saw Burgess when he was doing a movie over there and has obviously talked him into signing with Souths.

Personally I don't give a rats, he's 20 years old and has never played in the NRL (which we all know is the hardest comp in the world). It's a huge gamble that will cost bis $$$$ and it's dollars Manly can't afford. I'm not saying this because we missed out on him.

We have seen many young players touted as the next big thing only for them to end up duds. The Witt bros. were a couple of "Next big things". Karl Filiga "the next SBW" was signed by the sharks for 400k per season, now released and playing for the Wenty magpies. There are heaps of them.

Who labelled him the best prop in the world? I suppose time will tell and I could be eating humble pie.

Burgess's stats compared to Adrian Morley's are very similar. Morley was above average plaer in the nrl but not great imo.

swoop link said:
Crowe went and saw Burgess when he was doing a movie over there and has obviously talked him into signing with Souths.

Personally I don't give a rats, he's 20 years old and has never played in the NRL (which we all know is the hardest comp in the world). It's a huge gamble that will cost bis $$$$ and it's dollars Manly can't afford. I'm not saying this because we missed out on him.

We have seen many young players touted as the next big thing only for them to end up duds. The Witt bros. were a couple of \"Next big things\". Karl Filiga \"the next SBW\" was signed by the sharks for 400k per season, now released and playing for the Wenty magpies. There are heaps of them.

Who labelled him the best prop in the world? I suppose time will tell and I could be eating humble pie.

Burgess's stats compared to Adrian Morley's are very similar. Morley was above average plaer in the nrl but not great imo.

Good points you raise swoop and your right only time will tell which no one really knows how he will go. I guess I just don't like the fact that maybe we have been out done the Crowe.

Souths have turned some pretty good players into duds over the years.

The Bulls weren't going to release him for 2010 unless there was a huge transfer fee. I hope the NRL auditors look very closely at any deal done, unless Beaver talks him into joining the Eagles of course.

Remember boys, Souths are the pin-up team of the NRL, so they may get away with spending anything.  Just who rates these players?  Who says Burgess is the best forward in the game?  English forwards, Ellis goes OK, but is not a world beater.  Anyway Wheel's correct when he says that Souths have turned good players into duds.  They really should have put some money into getting a better coach.   

Crowe actually does do a bit to advertise the Rabbitohs and the NRL outside of Australia.

You often catch a glimpse of celebs like Snoop Dog etc with Rabbitohs jerseys on.

Also have a look at the American Chopper boys when they were out here they went to a Rabbitohs training squad.

Pity that he doesn't have a better team to advertise because he has the potential to start making in roads elsewhere

Fox Sports were reporting it as a done deal for 2011 on the weekend.

I didn't think there was any doubt or conjecture about it.

They jsut got rid of Craig Wing so they have around $400k+ per year to spend. And they spend it on such a key position, in the forwards lol. We may have just been bidding jsut to keep the rabbits bid up high.

They have heaps of forwards, they need backs. A huge gamble by souths but I'm sure Burgess won't be heading to Redfern until 2011. The Bulls were asking for a 1mil tranfer fee.

I have passed on my sentiments before when it was rumoured that he may be coming to MWSE and they still haven't changed

Keep our $$$$$$$$$ in Australia and develop our own local players.

[img=400x311]http://images.clipartof.com/small/36210-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Koala-Giving-The-Thumbs-Up-On-An-Aussie-Made-Sign-Over-A-Map.jpg[/img]
logo.png

Burges would have been unreal, fantastic player.

but its not the end of the world when you have, Choc, Stewy, Kingy, Kite, Perry, Rodney, Bailey, Lussick, Buhrer etc

Crowe, Sea Eagles fighting to sign UK star Burgess
http://www.theroar.com.au/2009/09/03/crowe-sea-eagles-fighting-to-sign-burgess/

According to this article not only are we going to sign Sam but also his brother Luke. We might be still in with a show, but I'm not preturbed either way. If we get him well and good, if not no big deal.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2