Salary cap squeeze to hit Manly at end of 2012

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Eagle said:
Cam Smith? Yes please but train him out of pulling and twisting arms, there is a reason he is the australian and qld captain, he IS that good

If there was cap room only though

I think the IC should not give him the Australian captaincy until after he actually answers questions about why he signed 2 contracts during the Storm turmoil - by which time he may need to go through the courts to clear his name. I was disgusted I had to include him in my NRL All Stars team.

Ernie for no7 - I like your theory about there potentially being room in the 2012 cap but how do you know that this year isn't a heavy back loading year for guys like Lyon, Matai & the Stewart brothers?? As has been said above none of us have a clue what Manly's salary cap spend is for this year & look at Ian Schubert, he struggles when he has all the info in front of him!

it is a hard job mal!! We saw the deceitfulness of the Storm and probably most other clubs with "sponsors" giving "toys" on the quiet. I think the comp is pretty level and we don't want to go back to the Broncos days of 12 origin/aussie players in one team.

Mals said:
Ernie for no7 - I like your theory about there potentially being room in the 2012 cap but how do you know that this year isn't a heavy back loading year for guys like Lyon, Matai & the Stewart brothers?? As has been said above none of us have a clue what Manly's salary cap spend is for this year & look at Ian Schubert, he struggles when he has all the info in front of him!

My logic is : How were we going to be under the cap in 2012 if Hoppa had agreed to accepting Manly's offer and how were we going to pay Rodney if he didnt decide to leave a year short of his existing contract.

The week before the Grand Final Manly stated that Daley was going to sign an upgraded contract next week ( 3 1/2 months ago now).

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Mals said:

My logic is : How were we going to be under the cap in 2012 if Hoppa had agreed to accepting Manly's offer and how were we going to pay Rodney if he didnt decide to leave a year short of his existing contract.

The week before the Grand Final Manly stated that Daley was going to sign an upgraded contract next week ( 3 1/2 months ago now).

Ernie surely the club wouldn't have had to pay $500k for Hoppa in 2012 and 2013 while he was on his mission?

tookey said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Mals said:

Ernie surely the club wouldn't have had to pay $500k for Hoppa in 2012 and 2013 while he was on his mission?

Tookey concentrate::huh:

Manly are paying Hopoate ZERO (less than $1)-

IFhe had of signed and not joined the mission MANLY would have been paying him $300k + and we would have been paying Rodney $150k - $180k

Therefore that amount - which is not being spent and which must have been available (otherwise they wouldnt have offered him anything) is available to upgrade DCE or Foran's contracts.

If anyone can dumb this done for me feel free.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
tookey said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Mals said:

Tookey concentrate::huh:

Manly are paying Hopoate ZERO (less than $1)-

IFhe had of signed and not joined the mission MANLY would have been paying him $300k + and we would have been paying Rodney $150k - $180k

Therefore that amount - which is not being spent and which must have been available (otherwise they wouldnt have offered him anything) is available to upgrade DCE or Foran's contracts.

If anyone can dumb this done for me feel free.

Too much alcohol over the festive season. :mad:

T-rex, Kite and King signed new contracts recently so assume the missing $450k-$480k was spent on them?

DCE and Foran and Lussick would be waiting for the new Tv deal/salary cap to be finalised before they commit to any new or upgraded contract

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6