Salary Cap Cheats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
Heard that the TAB suspended bets on Manly to miss the top 8 yesterday.

Manly had a meeting with Ian Schubert and the rumour mill put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5.

The club wanted to meet Ian Schubert to discuss some issues about next season's playing roster.

Apparently the rumour mill had the breach in 2007.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
bahaha. They haven't suspended the betting, we are just a lock and they aren't taking any more bets. The sporting agencies are also not taking to miss the top 8 bets on the Dragons and Storm. They also aren't taking bets on us making the 8 either.

I searched twitter for a source of all this salary cap **** and some dragons fan was ranting about how dirty manly were on monday night and surprise, surprise an hour later he tweeted "I'm hearing Manly are being looked into for salary cap cheating going back to 07".
That's how easy it is to start a rumour, then there is a page on facebook called nrl gossip and blokes in dark rooms sit on there all day and makes stuff up because they have no friends!!!

lloydy said:
I searched twitter for a source of all this salary cap s**t and some dragons fan was ranting about how dirty manly were on monday night and surprise, surprise an hour later he tweeted "I'm hearing Manly are being looked into for salary cap cheating going back to 07".
That's how easy it is to start a rumour, then there is a page on facebook called nrl gossip and blokes in dark rooms sit on there all day and makes stuff up because they have no friends!!!
Unlike here you mean?lol

Phantar said:
lloydy said:
I searched twitter for a source of all this salary cap s**t and some dragons fan was ranting about how dirty manly were on monday night and surprise, surprise an hour later he tweeted "I'm hearing Manly are being looked into for salary cap cheating going back to 07".
Unlike here you mean?lol

Well my room is a bit dark but I have 3 friends and a cat haha

My understanding is you never could bet on teams missing the eight and to get the wooden spoon.

They changed those types of bets last year, ie The Spoon betting option is now the the team with the least wins.

That rumour about cap breaches may well be true, I have no idea, but instead of saying "I heard such and such" how about posters mention where they heard this stuff eg "the town drunk told me last night Manly breached the cap when I was at the boozer" or "Glenn Munsie from TAB Sportsbet just announced blah blah blah on the Big Sport Breakfast".

bob dylan said:
My understanding is you never could bet on teams missing the eight and to get the wooden spoon.

They changed those types of bets last year, ie The Spoon betting option is now the the team with the least wins.

That rumour about cap breaches may well be true, I have no idea, but instead of saying "I heard such and such" how about posters mention where they heard this stuff eg "the town drunk told me last night Manly breached the cap when I was at the boozer" or "Glenn Munsie from TAB Sportsbet just announced blah blah blah on the Big Sport Breakfast".

Do you mean as a multi bet? You can still bet on teams missing and making the 8 and getting the wooden spoon individually but I'm not sure if you can put it in a multi. As I said above, all thats happened is the bookies consider us a certainty for the top 8 so they are no longer taking bets on us missing out or making it or getting the spoon (as they are with the Dragons & Storm). Further placing doubt on this rumour is that you can still bet on us to make the top 4 and win the premiership. If we was any truth to the rumours all betting on us would have ceased, not just ones around making the 8 or not.

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/bets-fly-against-sea-eagles-after-routine-cap-meeting-20110630-1gt74.html

Nothing sinister.

Lets put a positive spin on this !

Probably talking about weather any payments to Hopate over the next 2 years as part of a deal to come back as a Sea Eagle needs to be calculated in the salary cap and how it can be done.

Only speculation but it makes sense that we are trying whatever we can to secure him and include Ian Shubert in talks to ensure all is above board.

Smart Management in my view.

lloydy said:
Phantar said:
lloydy said:
Unlike here you mean?lol

Why are you sitting in a dark room with three friends & a cat, browsing STs?

Sounds like Scott was doing the smart thing.

Im curious to know weather the NRL is going to class Jason King and Choc as 10 year manly players next season or not. (wouldnt be surprised if that was the question being asked of the NRL)

As they started playing for the club in 2002 when Manly were the sole owner of the Northern Eagles.

My understanding was we wanted to play under the manly banner in 2002 but couldnt for NRL marketing reasons. So effectively 2002 was MANLY.

Cambo said:

Im curious to know weather the NRL is going to class Jason King and Choc as 10 year manly players next season or not. (wouldnt be surprised if that was the question being asked of the NRL)

As they started playing for the club in 2002 when Manly were the sole owner of the Northern Eagles.

My understanding was we wanted to play under the manly banner in 2002 but couldnt for NRL marketing reasons. So effectively 2002 was MANLY.

I thought it was 8 years to get the Salary Cap concessions.
The Bulldogs will be entitled to this next year if they keep Bobcat I read somewhere.

Wolfpack said:
lloydy said:
Phantar said:
lloydy said:
Unlike here you mean?lol

Why are you sitting in a dark room with three friends & a cat, browsing STs?

No, only my cat is here but my friends live all over the place, one lives in Malaysia and the other 2 live in Scotland.:D

eagles2win said:
Cambo said:

The Bulldogs will be entitled to this next year if they keep Bobcat I read somewhere.
if thats the case it would be working in out favour

Brett Stewart (2003) (9 years)
Glenn Stewart (2004) (8 years)
Choc 2002 (10 years)
King (2010) 10 years

Then the following season you can add Matai to the list.

Im guess their not big cap discounts but it helps

Cambo said:
eagles2win said:
Cambo said:

if thats the case it would be working in out favour

Brett Stewart (2003) (9 years)
Glenn Stewart (2004) (8 years)
Choc 2002 (10 years)
King (2010) 10 years

Then the following season you can add Matai to the list.

Im guess their not big cap discounts but it helps

All of a sudden that not buying anyone of note is starting to look good.
We upgrade the young guy's contracts (Foran, DCE, Buhrer, etc) then buy a marquee player, win another premiership.

the menzies influence is starting to pay dividends.

I can see
Watmough
King
Matai
Stewart and Stewart being one club (NRL) players

Cambo said:
the menzies influence is starting to pay dividends.

I can see
Watmough
King
Matai
Stewart and Stewart being one club (NRL) players

Agreed, Ballin will be a one club player as well IMO.

A lot of the younger blokes like DCE, Foran, Buhrer & Lussick will be with us for a long time to come as well I think.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6