• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
It might be Round 2 but I'm confident to suggest they cannot go back-to-back.  They looked positively pedestrian tonight. 

Their halves look very ordinary when they lack go-forward, and they have lost a lot of the punch in their pack with Smith, Costigan and even Saffy.  Now with Weyman's injury woes coming back to haunt them, it could be a long year for Jamie Soward, playing behind journeymen, some carrying an extra kilo or two of post-premiership pudding.

I don't think they'll miss Weyman.  They have props falling out of the trees down there.  Its just tough to back up, hasn't been done for nearly 20 years.  Even Melbourne cheating delux couldn't do it.

They'll still make the finals, probably finish top 4 but I still think they have the same problem this year as last year and thats chasing points.  Put early scoreboard pressure on them and they'll panic ... actually panic is probably not the right word because they trust their structures so much but there game plan is all about pressure and I don't think they have the attack to chase points.

Look at us in 2009. However I don't think StgIll have the same off field issues that distracted us from our title defence. I think it must be hard with the disturbed preparation caused by the WCC to hit the ground running.

The Gronk link said:
Bad decision bringing back Gasnier and having to offload their forward pack to stay under the cap. 

Yep, especially the way they play.  He's been anonymous really since he returned.  He looks like he's regained some of the size he used to have but he's wasted in their game style.

They will lose this week and then watch the fans turn on Gasnier for chewing up alot of the cap, Shimmy shimmy not much woosh!

Gazzillions was unsighted last night.  They were poor, although the Sharks pack came out to bash them.  Jeremy Smith was spectacular.  My guess is he can't sustain that play for weeks on end.  Interesting that they seem to have given the other Smith the heave.  Pity, as he was always good for a loss.  

The Gronk link said:
Bad decision bringing back Gasnier and having to offload their forward pack to stay under the cap. 
Bad decision, I thought it was a fantastic decision, I just wish they had paid even him more and lost even more players.

Weyman is a huge loss - maybe as our players injuries & suspensions disappear a few of these other clubs can run over black cats & compete with 4-8 top line players missing like we have for the last 2 years. Maybe the wheel has turned.

Matt K link said:
Weyman is a huge loss - maybe as our players injuries & suspensions disappear a few of these other clubs can run over black cats & compete with 4-8 top line players missing like we have for the last 2 years. Maybe the wheel has turned.

I'd take Hunt, Merrin & Green over Weyman.  The Dragons won't miss him much, they've got props galore down there.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=187029.msg326242#msg326242 date=1300774756]
Pokie curse + Illawarra floods + Weyman off most of the game = lolfest

Illawarra floods ? Doesn't sound like much to laugh at
[/quote]

I wasnt laughing at the floods jackass,i was laughing at the sharks snotting them stuck up little pricks

Masked Eagle link said:
[quote author=Matt K link=topic=187029.msg326262#msg326262 date=1300780953]

I'd take Hunt, Merrin & Green over Weyman.  The Dragons won't miss him much, they've got props galore down there.
[/quote]
I'll go with the NSW selectors & take Weyman over them in a landslide - time will tell but for a start i didn't see any of these other guys step up against the Sharks - they are ok but lack the experience & leadership that Weyman gives them.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4