Safe Coaching and Poor Discipline

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This game once again did not need to be an arm wrestle---Nth Qld are over-rated and did nothing special yet our poor discipline in the same areas, poor inefficient go forward structures at critical times and lack of variation in attacking structures made it the same grind we've been displaying for the past 5yrs.

The class and unstructured play Jamie Lyon showed by wrapping around the blind side to create the extra man keeping it simple and direct instead of sticking to a conventional elaborate open side play has to be an added element to our predictive Left side Foran Right Side Stewart plays.

I'm not saying we have to add Jamie Lyon as a ballplayer(mind you it would help---(Glenn needs to focus on being a backrower with some ball skill not a right side 5/8 who can be a backrower) just the mentality to display a little more fluidity in our structures beyond setting up for the open sweep around play either side of the ruck.

On a positive not DCE is doing his best to offer clean direct early ball to his centres at times--- trying to keep it simple---still has a way to go but its encouraging to see.

I still think our rotation is not balanced and needs an added spark---G-Rose does have his tackle breaking moments and when it happens you think yeah you need him in the pack but on average its more a 1 in 3/4 game benefit and its hard to justify a bench spot with this kind of frequency.

Always been a big fan of Matai but please stick to the golden rule "Never promote your good attributes/intentions" invariably your next game will not be up to par---same goes with reformed drinkers. I'm not saying his game was bad he did try and spark us at times but let your actions speak louder than your words.

Kite----your not the same without the high illegal knee lift---he has tried to work around this habit with adding a step combined with side on body positioning which is fine if he straightens up eventually but he has allowed this preventative measure to create other bad habits. Stepping before the line is fine but side on positioning can drag you sideways always looking for a clear path---he is trying to avoid low rise tacklers too often. (his high knee lift is a bracing habit to low tacklers rising up)

Big fan of Foran also just hope Dessie can unshackle him from the left side---would be good to see J.Lyon at 5/8 with Hoppa in the Centres if Foran is injured and allowing Lyon to drift both sides where he see's fit.

I think this actually makes sense, can someone confirm I couldnt be bother re reading it. Too tired and emotional after that game

TC i actually agree with almost everything you said. Gift and kite both need to go forward more often. I think foran's left hand attack has been working nicely though.

Wow first post you've ever made that hasn't made me think of you as a total tool TC. (Ignoring of course the fact you love your own voice with the overlong and drawn out points).

I'm worried about Kite - he's just not running straight. And gift needs to stop trying to be so tricky and just run hard too.

Agree with plenty of what you said except the Cowboys being overrated. They are a good side and will easily finish in the 8 this year.

Masked Eagle said:
Agree with plenty of what you said except the Cowboys being overrated. They are a good side and will easily finish in the 8 this year.

Yeah a decent side but still over-rated---salary cap allows over-rated sides to make the 8 but like 2007 they will be a waste of space.

JT is over-rated also and is really only clinical in short side left plays---his ball passing is average at best---left to right he is easy to read. Foran will develop in the same manner if Des keeps the structure of left and right players.

Gift had great game last week because he played direct and ran straight. However back to crabbing across field tonite.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2