• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
My girlfriend and I were in the local shopping center yesterday when we were approached by a young boy all of about 6 or 7, he was selling raffle tickets for his footy club. He was a very polite young lad and while filling out the ticket we asked him who he supported in the NRL.

He said he was a Manly fan and we had a little talk about the eagles after which his eyes welled and he said, "but my dad says our season is over because of the bloody storm..."

Do you think the NRL has any idea just how much value it takes out of its own game with this stupid ****ing circus it wants to run? Nearly broke my heart seeing the little fella so upset that the game he loved so much all year was ruined to sell newspapers.

Tell the young fella next time you see him to never give up on your dreams and never let anyone else tell you to believe in something different from what you truely believe in.

Have to say,it's instinct to run in and help,but.......we were primed for an absolute grandstand finish.We can still do it,but,gee,it was looking a lot easier than it is now.The dad's wrong!

I told him Glen would be back for the Grand Final when we can get revenge on the storm.

From the discussion bob i gather his fathers also an eagle.

we should not be sad , we should be happy we smashed the storm and that we are heading for glory.

No little bloke should lose hope or be upset by what happened last friday night.

Storm or Manly, what an over reaction thats ruined the season and a time when lots of little blokes are hanging on with baited breath for the finals.

If us or melbourne struggle in the finals due to suspensions the NRL has ruined 2011 for itself.

fLIP said:
I told him Glen would be back for the Grand Final when we can get revenge on the storm.

From the discussion bob i gather his fathers also an eagle.

Ok, I had him pegged as another bitter Eels supporter.

tookey said:
Obviously David Gallops son

You couldn't be further from the truth. If it were true he wouldn't have blamed the Storm. It would have been because snake had got on the turps two years ago.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6