Sackings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brocky

Reserve Grader
Could we have a record number of coach sackings this year? One down and at least three on thin ice. How quick things changed, you would og thought Barrett and mcgregor where certain, but HAVE weathered the storm and Hasler and Kearney who would think. Good time for out of job coaches. BRING ON TOOVEY.

Trent Barrett

Promising back-to-back wins have given Barrett some room to breath early on, but he isn't safe yet.

Manly set their coach a target of five wins from the first seven games, meaning the Sea Eagles would need to win their next three fixtures against the Roosters, Dragons and Melbourne.

Things are positive at Brookie, for now.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...-round-four/e9xsg0726do914qo3ne2f0nme/slide/2

Wow they are putting him under a heap of pressure. I really wonder what will happen if we lose in the next 3 weeks. I want to keep Barrett because our fortunes have only just started to turn around!! Sacking Barrett this year will just bring more instability to the club. Man I get so frustrated with the Penn management sometimes...

Would love to know what KPIs Whine Bennett has.
Been a long time between drinks for a club who carries on about excellence.
Must be some impatience brewing.

5 wins from 7 when most, including some in here, were tipping us to be 0-4 at this stage. Where do they come up with this stuff?

I've posted it before....but they use this process:

qlSWTjR.jpg

Could we have a record number of coach sackings this year? One down and at least three on thin ice. How quick things changed, you would og thought Barrett and mcgregor where certain, but HAVE weathered the storm and Hasler and Kearney who would think. Good time for out of job coaches. BRING ON TOOVEY.
I hope you're not inferring that Toovey is out of a job

Well that is surely bollox

5 of 7 is an absurd target

Why, at the start of the season, was a target of 5 out of 7 absurd?

5 of those games are/were at home. Against Parra, Souths, Dogs, Dragons and Storm. It's far from unreasonable to think we could, and should, win all of those games apart from the Melb game. That then means winning 1 of the 2 away games against Cows/Roosters - which we have done.

I'm super disappointed we aren't at least 3-1 at this stage. Being up 12-0 and 3 tries to 0 early against Souths, we should have gone on with that one.

Anything less that 4-3 will make things very hard for us.

Why, at the start of the season, was a target of 5 out of 7 absurd?

5 of those games are/were at home. Against Parra, Souths, Dogs, Dragons and Storm. It's far from unreasonable to think we could, and should, win all of those games apart from the Melb game. That then means winning 1 of the 2 away games against Cows/Roosters - which we have done.

I'm super disappointed we aren't at least 3-1 at this stage. Being up 12-0 and 3 tries to 0 early against Souths, we should have gone on with that one.

Anything less that 4-3 will make things very hard for us.

There is a big difference between thinking we could win 5 of 7 and we should win.

And there is a big difference from the board saying we should be 5-2 after 7 and saying you will be sacked if is not achieved

2-3 clubs will have that record after 7 and it is absurd for our club, from where we were last year to measure that as a bare minimum for the coach to keep his job

Apart from the fact grown ups don't say such ridiculous things .... oops forgot the media are grown ups.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2