Sack the bloke in charge of signing and resigning players.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
In recent years the ultimate premiers are generally the side that used least players through the year, obviously because they have suffered fewest injuries and its an advantage to keep a stable side.
For us, being without Turbo Fainu and Walker looks to be too much to overcome. If we had better depth in those positions we'd be higher on the ladder, no argument there.
In any case, if your argument is solely about "speed and agility" I assume you are only talking about Hoppa Jnr to be used in place of Jorge or Parker?

I wouldn't object to that at all. I presume Des wanted to see him have a run first, hence the loan to warriors, but hey all the conspiracy theories may be right, who knows.
This is a unique season as its 20 games straight and no breaks and most teams are suffering with injuries. Our depth is what has truly been exposed compared to the top teams.

The obvious replacement is for Jorge, hes been an honest player for Manly but he is now exposed constantly especially being out of position and vulnerable under the high ball.

The loss of 3/4 of our starting spine is the main reason for the team failing. Hindsight is great thing and we allowed Api to go assuming that Fainu would make hooker his position.

I dont buy the conspiracy stuff about young Hoppa, I think it genuinly is about giving the boy a chance as that decision was made with Elliot at fullback with Tom likely to be back soon so you can understand that.

Ill be fair on the Api issue, Fainu was outplaying him by a fair margin at the time of this decision and Menasi hadn't yet tried to murder a couple church goers.

As I said to my brother last night analysing the game, we are still operating 900k under the cap as far as i know so you do what you have to do.

This team that beat Roosters, Eels twice (should have) , Canberra and so on. We struggle now because of injuries and that salary cap punishment hurts depth beyond what we can deal with.

You bring back Tommy, Walker, AFB, Tapau just last week and we get over the line imo. Thompson missing now with his mouth, Suli maybe broken foot, our fullback backup in Elliot gone for the year.

You cant run a full strength team at a near million dollar disadvantage yet alone fill in for the numbers of guys we've missed since we beat a premiership contented in Canberra.

It is what it is guys, Des is no less a coach than when we were hopeful of a finals birth than he is now. Whats different is we are both injury and financially punished.

The team that was under adversity and lifting beyond its weight to beat the big guys is now injured and suffering accordingly.

is that right we still have a salary cap punishment I thought that was finished last year?

Which rivals?
Obviously Penrith has a massive and successful junior nursery but they only have Crichton as a youngster in their side. He debuted last year.
Eels have a very experienced side, Dylan Brown is their one youngster, and he too started in 2019.
Storm have a very experienced side. They debuted Cooper Johns but only because Munster and Hughes were both injured. And they lost, and Johns is zero chance of keeping his spot.
Roosters? Please, they are masters of bringing in fresh young talent? Like the Morris boys, and SBW!!
Panthers, Cowboys, Broncos, Rabbitohs, Roosters, Knights & others have all given youngsters a go!!!! If a player is injured & the supposed replacement player is injured do you not think it’s the right time to blood a youngster? Seems to work for every other team except ours! When else do you give them a go? When they leave or are poached by other coaches?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8