Sack Penn!!!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not sure Penn has much to do with anything footy related, simply throws in the dollars without adding much cents.....is my 2 bob's worth.
Jokes aside, he ain't got sh** to do with anything good or bad that happens on a footy field.

I know it's all a bit gooey for some, but someone needs to sit Scott Penn down in front of the latest episode of Ted Lasso and put on repeat the part where Rebecca says to all the other Premier League owners:

"Just because we own these teams, doesn't mean they belong to us."

It's in the context of fans really owning the teams, same as last week's thing from Ted where he said the players and coaches are just passing through.

You may own Manly Scottie, but it doesn't belong to you.

So it's time to stop ****ing it up.
To be honest why would be bother?

Clearly he is a very very good businessman. The club has been run to ensure as little investment or overhead as required. Considering the current NRL funding agreement he is clearly happy with the approach as I would suggest he makes a nice small $ for no work on his part plus it feeds his ego etc

Take a look at media where there is one very over worked resource in Cuso. No wonder why we struggle to get any meaningful content about the team. Sure the social side has improved but that is pretty disposable and has not helped the team move forward in an effective manner

Take a look at the membership offering. We have not shifted in numbers in a way that shows to me it is a priority. As example apart from the merch and discounted tickets what are the benefits from being a member? This is something that can be easily addressed if there was a desire to do so...which would involve some investment

Take a look at rainbow gate. A lack of governance and failure to replace the CEO even with a proper interim role, meant there were not the appropriate checks and balances in the business to at least create discussion over a bold brand decision

Penn cannot be happy with the teams performances over the last 2 years. I am concerned when I read quotes about how good our roster is and how we are in a premiership window. Last year we finished 11th with a for and against of -105 and this year after 20 rounds we are 11th with for and against of -35. We have won 7 of our last 24 starts. How that equates to a premiership window is beyond me and comments to that effect are just nonsense.

Penn cannot be happy with the teams performances over the last 2 years. I am concerned when I read quotes about how good our roster is and how we are in a premiership window. Last year we finished 11th with a for and against of -105 and this year after 20 rounds we are 11th with for and against of -35. We have won 7 of our last 24 starts. How that equates to a premiership window is beyond me and comments to that effect are just nonsense.
Two?

The title of this is laughable, we can’t “ sack “ Penn , he’s unsackable.

The only way is for the Penn Family to vanish is for them to sell the club.

Very highly unlikely for a couple of reasons.

The family would be making a profit , perhaps not a lot , but with the players salaries and football staff salaries now covered by the NRL, they now have pretty much,

**A sales and administrative staff to pay for!!

**Brookvale rental and game day costs

**Hospitality costs for them and their hangers on.

ALL of which would be paid for by memberships / admission charges / hospitality incomes.

So yes they’d be making a profit.

And secondly , it’s a plaything , costs nothing and he gets to have playtime when he’s home and not in New York.

So , NOT being sacked , and unlikely to sell.

So it’s a stupid thread.

Last edited:
That would mean he cares

As @Mark from Brisbane said there is no chance of being sacked when his is the owner.

A few years ago there were reports of a few different offers to buy the club worth over $20,000,000 when they were losing money each season with Penn knocking back each offer, now there is a profit each year its less likely he will sell up.

Have said it many times, its an ego thing to him, look at me I own a sports club.
He won't put the sort of dollars in Uncle Nick does at the Roosters.
It's the same if I owned a 2005 Mercedes trying to pretend Im in the same league as someone driving a 2023 Mercedes AMG. Not even close to being the same but Penn likes to think it is.

As @Mark from Brisbane said there is no chance of being sacked when his is the owner.

A few years ago there were reports of a few different offers to buy the club worth over $20,000,000 when they were losing money each season with Penn knocking back each offer, now there is a profit each year its less likely he will sell up.

Have said it many times, its an ego thing to him, look at me I own a sports club.
He won't put the sort of dollars in Uncle Nick does at the Roosters.
It's the same if I owned a 2005 Mercedes trying to pretend Im in the same league as someone driving a 2023 Mercedes AMG. Not even close to being the same but Penn likes to think it is.
Nailed it !!!

We the fans are just cannon fodder

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6