[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ah hello. Thats called business and getting the best contract value available.

No way you sittingbin an interview would not try to better your pay packet if possible.
Mate, I respect your loyalty, your staunch, it’s just a shame Des wasn’t as loyal at the time, I get every one wants the best contract value available, but you have to look at things with some perspective.

Wasn’t he already on good coin and perhaps become a little greedy, given he was manly through and through at that stage, he lead us into 3 GF’s, won 2 and was on the cusp of creating something truly special.

He had a playing group capable of further success, even some of his senior players had been accepting understand to stay with the club that helped build the success.

2V did a good job under the circumstances and we were totally robbed in 2013, I felt almost certain we were set to go onto bigger things had Des stuck with the club, its a shame he didn’t exercise the same loyalty as some of his senior playing group, money’s not everything, it’s not as if he wasn’t earning well anyway.

It’s totally ok to ask for more money and or to take a better offer if that’s what you want, but you have to weigh things up, he basically ripped up his club loyalty and sold us out, he sold out his playing group and his legacy now wears those scars, (I don’t really care about the back ground noise) had he stayed on he could of had a Bellamy type legacy, anyway it’s all water under the bridge now and all I want is our club to be successful again, I just don’t know if Des can do that anymore, especially given what’s transpired thus far, for his sake and ours, if he sticks it out or isn’t sent packing, I hope he can turn it around next year because it’s hard to see our once proud club drowning.

And just for the record, I’m equally as concerned that we may not find a better replacement, the whole things a mess, I just want to see some positives and unfortunately the fogs become pretty bloody thick.

It's entirely possible that the success of Des is entirely down to three words ...
Back ended contracts.

He was allowed to run with them at Manly until it all fell apart and we've not won a premiership since.

Bulldogs fans will tell you those same contracts got them to Grand Finals but left them a salary cap basket case for years after.

It was made clear when he returned to Manly that he wouldn't be allowed to negotiate money (although apparently he was the driver behind the DCE extension).

The Roosters have Uncle Nick and others have generous TPAs to load their squads with talent.
Without that you need a very astute coach like Payten, to get the most out of a bunch of journeymen, something that Bellamy does very well, and yes he also benefits from TPAs.

Can Des win a premiership without back ended contracts?

Mate, I respect your loyalty, your staunch, it’s just a shame Des wasn’t as loyal at the time, I get every one wants the best contract value available, but you have to look at things with some perspective.

Wasn’t he already on good coin and perhaps become a little greedy, given he was manly through and through at that stage, he lead us into 3 GF’s, won 2 and was on the cusp of creating something truly special.

He had a playing group capable of further success, even some of his senior players had been accepting understand to stay with the club that helped build the success.

2V did a good job under the circumstances and we were totally robbed in 2013, I felt almost certain we were set to go onto bigger things had Des stuck with the club, its a shame he didn’t exercise the same loyalty as some of his senior playing group, money’s not everything, it’s not as if he wasn’t earning well anyway.

It’s totally ok to ask for more money and or to take a better offer if that’s what you want, but you have to weigh things up, he basically ripped up his club loyalty and sold us out, he sold out his playing group and his legacy now wears those scars, (I don’t really care about the back ground noise) had he stayed on he could of had a Bellamy type legacy, anyway it’s all water under the bridge now and all I want is our club to be successful again, I just don’t know if Des can do that anymore, especially given what’s transpired thus far, for his sake and ours, if he sticks it out or isn’t sent packing, I hope he can turn it around next year because it’s hard to see our once proud club drowning.

And just for the record, I’m equally as concerned that we may not find a better replacement, the whole things a mess, I just want to see some positives and unfortunately the fogs become pretty bloody thick.
I remember reading at the time that he wanted $450k per year and the club was holding out, only willing to pay him $400k per year. Canterbury came in with a $1mil per year offer for 6 years and that was that.

I remember reading at the time that he wanted $450k per year and the club was holding out, only willing to pay him $400k per year. Canterbury came in with a $1mil per year offer for 6 years and that was that.
I was going to mention it was all over 50k but just couldn’t recall the full particulars, hard to say anyone would refuse the dogs offer and I guess I can’t blame him for doing that, but knowing he would of stayed (if true) for 550k less, or from our clubs perspective for $50k more, just shows how pathetic our management was and unfortunately as it appears, still is.

He's done and the sooner we move on from des 2.0 the better. He has not improved us as a club since his return.

Remember it's a result driven business.
Ok so if its a results driven business he should stay

First year back: semi finals and unlucky not to win against souths
Second year: injury galore
Third year: Top 4, PF
Fourth year: Major injuries again, but irrespective of that we were destined for a win over the roosters at brookie and a 5th-8th finish before the 7 derailed the season

Who do you propose to do any better with a broken, injured and divided squad in the space of 7 weeks?? No one can. They simply didn’t want to play with eachother anymore and understandably so. Coaches are not magical. Bellamy would scream and shout but that’s not going to bring the group together. Bennett would rub his chin and cross his legs. And even worse, a madge or whatever else other coach available out there would completely implode. Des has done the best he can to try limit the impact, but it’s to no avail

Last edited by a moderator:
His ( Foran’s ) view would no way reflect the majority
But we would be a much better team if they did. As I mentioned above foran isn’t the only past player to give big raps

Even if our coach was Niell ****ing Henry it would be better to have a team of players that don’t resist the coach.

For example, Schuster and his manager should never have threatened to leave to get their way over Des. In hindsight that’s the point he should’ve been told no (emphatically) as a message to the others. The players here aren’t committed to a cause.

I will say that Dce’s retention is worrying as there seems to be a pattern of the playing group being divided and self-interested under his reign. He needs to be weeding that out of the group but it’s hard for him not to come off as a hypocrite given his history here. Definitely need a new captain

All this back and forward about Dessie seems to miss the point ...

We are a very, very poorly coached team ... regardless of who is on the field or out injured ...

We oscillate between 10 minutes of football masterclass ... to 30 mins of headless chook ... and our forward pack play as individuals ... we have no identifiable structures or patterns ... we are at best brilliant and at worst an uncoordinated rabble ...

We are a very, very poorly coached team ... regardless of who is on the field or out injured ...

We oscillate between 10 minutes of football masterclass ... to 30 mins of headless chook ... and our forward pack play as individuals ... we have no identifiable structures or patterns ... we are at best brilliant and at worst an uncoordinated rabble ...
This sums it up perfectly, thank you @Woodsie !

Because when your boss or bosses are complete cockwombles who lie, deceive, stab each other in the back, conveniently misplace the bag of gold when it suits them and have only self interest its sometimes better to walk away.

Its a bit like an affair I suppose (I've never actually had one for the record). The wife or husband at home is busting your balls or you just can't get on anymore and all of a sudden you have a good looker stroll in and show you the love and adoration you are craving and before you know it.... boom... you wake up in another bed thinking the world is good again. Of course not all that shines is gold and sometimes the gold bar is actually a polished turd and you end up going back to a bad situation regardless.

Al la Desmond and the return of the king...... sorry had to put the pun in im sure some of you will remember that poster?
What board isn't fractured? I know it was bad but we'd just won the the premiership and he had autonomy at the club. I think the board wanted more information about what was going on.

But during the year he was having secret meetings with Greenberg and announced he was leaving straight after we'd won the comp, also saying he'd see out the final year of his contract which was untenable.

He left taking all of the coaching staff along with some players and left the club with a heap of players with back ended contracts which left the club in disarray and having to offload players like Glenn Stewart which caused a **** storm and divided the playing group. ie DCE and B Stewart.

The deceiving wasn't all done be the board it was done by our current coach.

He went to the dogs and was given the same autonomy and they are just recovering now from the same problems.

Since he's come back we've gone backwards.

So please don't give me the excuse they it was our boards' who lied and deceived, the current coach was not only deceiving the board but also us, THE FANS!

And then there's the use of the bench.

Seems reminiscent after the i st four Manly club games last season , some abysmal form , Des really under the pump . Then a lucky break against the Warriors , Turbo back on the scene and flying and all seemed good with the world again footy wise for the rest of the season . Just have the impression [ well of course just glaring ] that current or recent overall form and coaching input is really lacking in some vital areas and maybe not as easily retrievable as the beginning of last season . Scrutiny on Des 's assistant staff as well , well why shouldn 't there be , something is just not gelling properly with the coaching and playing systems for a good part of the 2 nd stage of the season ,. Injuries to take into account also but a bigger problem then that . Des really can not dictate to the Manly board or senior officials , probably should be given the benefit of the doubt that he can improve and rectify the side 's competitiveness [ or lack of ] into early next season at least . if not really can not seem any other alternative but to install a new head coach . just can "t have the same recurring issues in terms of failing playing systems and style of plays , Injury impacts may be some reason for the poor defensive outcomes but need a much revised approach and coaching input there also to at least try to get things back on a better path again . .

Look I think it’s pretty simple , there’s no doubt Des is Manly through & through but he’s just past it sadly !!l

Living in the 90’s

N
Ok so if its a results driven business he should stay

First year back: semi finals and unlucky not to win against souths
Second year: injury galore
Third year: Top 4, PF
Fourth year: Major injuries again, but irrespective of that we were destined for a win over the roosters at brookie and a 5th-8th finish before the 7 derailed the season

Who do you propose to do any better with a broken, injured and divided squad in the space of 7 weeks?? No one can. They simply didn’t want to play with eachother anymore and understandably so. Coaches are not magical. Bellamy would scream and shout but that’s not going to bring the group together. Bennett would rub his chin and cross his legs. And even worse, a madge or whatever else other coach available out there would completely implode. Des has done the best he can to try limit the impact, but it’s to no avail
Now now don't get all your nickers in a toss.

Wow sensitive anyone say something you don't like.

Still stand by original comment his time is up and need to go

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8