[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Let Des rebuild us he’s done it before - the current Panthers are the result of a rebuild

They need to decide ASAP what is going to happen about the coaching role. For me a sign would be that Des appoints an assistant coach who compliments his work. Des is old school, taught by Fulton and right now its obvious that there are some in the squad who are not buying into his coaching methods. This was a problem when he was at the dogs and led to his sacking there. Its a crucial decision that needs to be made and we need to get the players to buy in to what the coach is wanting otherwise we are in the same position if not worse a year on!

Agree on the importance of the assistant coach, and the whole coaching staff ... there are some good ones out there ... unfortuneatley one of the best, Furner is going to Bulldogs, and Young looks like he is going to the Titans ...

I agree to a point Woodsie, though I feel ANY of the Top sides say Penrith, missing Cleary, Kikau, Creighton, Api ect would be nowhere near the top of the ladder....so injuries are not an excuse, but very factual in this case.
Thing is, I do agree Des has not had the players available UP enough on attitude, regardless of picking a team with several backup players....I mean check out NZ with a spare parts side still have a full dig and throw in Titans who towelled us up last night....After the game Jake even confessed "The sad part is, they wanted it more than us"...which has nothing to do with injury, but the efforts of the 17 representing Manly on the park, there is something not right amongst the playing group and the old Manly spirit is far from the standard of successful playing groups of the past.
Yes but the warrors don't have croker and Levi

Let Des rebuild us he’s done it before - the current Panthers are the result of a rebuild

Hey Nightster, .. Here is a fun fact regarding letting Des do a rebuild ...

To my knowledge, and I am happy to be corrected, but of the only 4 players that Dessie has signed in the past 2 years are .. Levi, T-Rex, Boyle and Harper .....

and 3 of them are the first ones he is now purging ....

To my knowledge, and I am happy to be corrected, but of the only 4 players that Dessie has signed in the past 2 years are .. Levi, T-Rex, Boyle and Harper .....

Morgan Boyle was signed by Barrett and Levi was a last minute after Manaise went down... but other than that.

I want to have faith In des, but it worries me that We have no structure and look devoid of coaching and combinations and application of the fundamentals has not improved over a season

I don’t think I’d be so annoyed if we were losing But without the obvious regression and attitude lapses.

So the problem is either, 1. Des gameplay/tactics/structure is being followed and he is to blame for its ineffectiveness. 2. Des gameplay/tactics/structure is Not being followed as he does not know how to communicate it or the players HE selects don’t believe in it and are choosing not to follow it.

Both are terrible outcomes, and both are on des.

Let’s face it, the games we did win this year were based on guts and character, not skill, execution and training

I’m very worried where we are as a club. Des destroyed the bulldogs with stubbornness and failure to change it up and faith in the wrong players. Sound familiar?

He has a lot of work to do

I support Des at this point but the man does not bleed maroon and white. I'm not one to forget the way he left us but, more importantly, if you watch closely you'll see he never professes love for Manly. Even recently when the reporters fed him the line of how wonderful it must be to coach his 250th game for the club he loves, he completely turned it on its head by saying it's such an honour to be involved in the NRL.
Watch closely - no public love for Manly. Ever.
I noticed this too

Panthers have a massive junior base but.. how many players of quality have they let go and seamlessly replaced with an up and comer like its nothing. Crazy

Here are some fun facts Woodsie
The premiership winning teams Des rebuilt up from the depths of the Northern eagles days
A fun fact question to you.... How many premierships did your mate trent build ?

He persisted with Dylan there and Dyland did well but does not have a kicking game that a half needs. Since Dylan was out we have really struggled there and DCE is constantly forced to do all the work hence our lack of trys from kicks.(QUOTE)

I thought Dylan’s kicking game wasn’t that bad. The few games he played at 5/8 this season he actually put the ball into space more than DCE. His kicking from around the halfway point was accurate. He doesn’t posses a huge kicking game but I liked when he was putting in 30-40 meter kicks that were low and away from the opposition.

He persisted with Dylan there and Dyland did well but does not have a kicking game that a half needs. Since Dylan was out we have really struggled there and DCE is constantly forced to do all the work hence our lack of trys from kicks.(QUOTE)

I thought Dylan’s kicking game wasn’t that bad. The few games he played at 5/8 this season he actually put the ball into space more than DCE. His kicking from around the halfway point was accurate. He doesn’t posses a huge kicking game but I liked when he was putting in 30-40 meter kicks that were low and away from the opposition.
Our lack of creative, on the ball, 9 and 5 is or main problem

Morgan Boyle was signed by Barrett and Levi was a last minute after Manaise went down... but other than that.

Yeah, Nah ... I see you still have a difficulty coming to grips with the concept of facts ... Boyle was signed mid-season on April 22nd, 2019 by Dessie .... (Barrett left at the end of 2018) ... and what in the name of sweet Jesu's unwashed jockstrap does the fact that Levi was only signed for one year make in the context of my post ???

But other than that .... numbnut!

Let Des build his own team and slowly get rid of the deadwood. The right assistant coach is crucial moving forward like most said Des is old school and will need someone who knows the modern game to compliment his old school values. This off season will be interesting to see what happens.

Here are some fun facts Woodsie
The premiership winning teams Des rebuilt up from the depths of the Northern eagles days
A fun fact question to you.... How many premierships did your mate trent build ?

another 'fun' fact...
in Barrett's disastrous year of 2018, Manly won 3 of their last 10 games and were -50 f/a
...with one game to go... drum roll please.... Des's 2020 side have won 2 of their last 9 and are -96 f/a...

imo... neither year was better than the other - they are both totally unacceptable and I am glad to see that (to a degree) changes are being made to the squad (again)... I do not buy into the myth that Des has, to this point, had any positive impact on the squad... they look good at their best (as they did under Barrett) and they look diabolical at their worst (as they did under Barrett)...

the ONLY good thing about 2020 is that we only have to play 20 rounds...
mind you the players must have thought it was a 12 round comp because they quit months ago....

Yeah, Nah ... I see you still have a difficulty coming to grips with the concept of facts ... Boyle was signed mid-season on April 22nd, 2019 by Dessie .... (Barrett left at the end of 2018) ... and what in the name of sweet Jesu's unwashed jockstrap does the fact that Levi was only signed for one year make in the context of my post ???

But other than that .... numbnut!
My mistake... On a side note-my nuts are definitely not numb, they work just fine. The numbing of nuts and other associated problems tends to occur a little later in life. Almost time for your afternoon nap little guy.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4