Ryan Matterson off contract for 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I reckon Guac can cover one of our edge forward roles should the poor bastard stay fit and get a go. Edge forwards these days are quite vital and ours aren't really setting the world on fire, be nice to have some punch on those fringes like most of the good sides do. Having said that our halves need to start creating some opportunities for them, we have been woeful on that front too.

Ryan Matterson is a worry, very good player, however, he left a premiership winning Roosters side to chase the money at the $hittyTigers, and before the season was up he wasn't happy with his contract and sought a release to Parra, now his agent is sending out emails regarding his availability for next season, this sounds a warning.
Manly would have to pay overs for him then halfway through his contract he’ll agitate for a release,looking for a bigger contract.He’ll be 28 next year

Ryan Matterson is a worry, very good player, however, he left a premiership winning Roosters side to chase the money at the $hittyTigers, and before the season was up he wasn't happy with his contract and sought a release to Parra, now his agent is sending out emails regarding his availability for next season, this sounds a warning.
Didn’t he say “I’m doing what’s best for my family. As a single orphan this is my number 1 concern”

I reckon Guac can cover one of our edge forward roles should the poor bastard stay fit and get a go. Edge forwards these days are quite vital and ours aren't really setting the world on fire, be nice to have some punch on those fringes like most of the good sides do. Having said that our halves need to start creating some opportunities for them, we have been woeful on that front too.
I watched him closely on Sunday before he got injured and he really hits with force and looked to get involved.Hope the club see sense to keep him long term

Is that a combination of Cliffy and Killer, what a player that would be
I plead guilty as charged on that one - I've lost track of the times I've read a post and gone 'it's Lyon.....not Lyons' - or the reverse........ :-(

And just to clarify, although in my original post on Silvertails I mentioned that I had been watching the Sea Eagles for 50 out of 75 years, that refers to the 75 years that the Sea Eagles have been in existence. I am not 75 years old ('not that there's anything wrong with that'). I'm not even 60. I will admit to being between 50 and 60, though. Not ideal, but it's better than the alternative.

No excuses, though. And they said, 'age shall not weary them' - they were lying.

Mind you - imagine a combination of Cliffy and Jamie. Unbeatable.

Fulton?

Cue BOZO.... :cool:

I plead guilty as charged on that one - I've lost track of the times I've read a post and gone 'it's Lyon.....not Lyons' - or the reverse........ :-(

And just to clarify, although in my original post on Silvertails I mentioned that I had been watching the Sea Eagles for 50 out of 75 years, that refers to the 75 years that the Sea Eagles have been in existence. I am not 75 years old ('not that there's anything wrong with that'). I'm not even 60. I will admit to being between 50 and 60, though. Not ideal, but it's better than the alternative.

No excuses, though. And they said, 'age shall not weary them' - they were lying.

Mind you - imagine a combination of Cliffy and Jamie. Unbeatable.

Fulton?

Cue BOZO.... :cool:
59 - don’t be shy

Kind of sounds like our recruitment strategy since we bought Jamie Lyons............

And the real reason we got Jamie was Noel Cleal.

As a Moree boy ( originally ) Noel & Les were a bit below me in years ( but well above in ability ) when I was playing. But I ended up knowing them both pretty well.

I was at the Wee Waa v Moree Group 5 GF in 2003 when JL played and spotted Noel so went over for a chat.

Bob Fulton’s son Scott was playing for Moree so there was Bob sitting on the sideline as well so I ended up watching the game sitting next to them.

There were rumours circulating at the time and Noel said to me “ mate not for publication but yes it’s on but he has to serve his time on the ESL first” .

However , as much as Crusher and I are old mates I think his powers aren’t what they used to be!!

Good player, would be happy to have him

But everyone would have to accept he would be here for a couple of years and wouldn't be that "bleed" for the club type

Mercenary, which can be okay as long as everyone knows what they are getting

59 - don’t be shy
Ok...............alright............same. :cool:

And yes - I did skip class (year 11) on that memorable Tuesday in 1978 to watch Many smash Cronulla 16-0 at the SCG. Watched from the Bradman Stand as Eadie put on a masterclass in fullback play. My dad actually wrote me a note to take to school on the Monday, 'please excuse my son from school tomorrow, as he will be watching the Grand Final replay at the SCG'. Thank you dad. Thank you Manly for the 1970's.

I was also at Lidcombe Oval the day of the infamous brawl with Western Suburbs. Scary stuff - I was a skinny teenager on my own surrounded by 100+kg ferals in black and white baying for blood. That was about as bad as it could get for a traveling Many fan, but it reminds me of what we've gone through in the past, and moments that defined us.

Another interesting one - I was at Belmore the day Les Boyd got sent off in the first couple of minutes - and we still won with 12 players. Proud to be a Manly fan that day - talk about rising in the face of adversity in front of a massively hostile Bulldogs crowd.

Yes - as you can tell, I'm missing the guts and glory battles that made Manly the most feared (and therefore the most hated) club in RL. Looks like we all are.............

Ok...............alright............same. :cool:

And yes - I did skip class (year 11) on that memorable Tuesday in 1978 to watch Many smash Cronulla 16-0 at the SCG. Watched from the Bradman Stand as Eadie put on a masterclass in fullback play. My dad actually wrote me a note to take to school on the Monday, 'please excuse my son from school tomorrow, as he will be watching the Grand Final replay at the SCG'. Thank you dad. Thank you Manly for the 1970's.

I was also at Lidcombe Oval the day of the infamous brawl with Western Suburbs. Scary stuff - I was a skinny teenager on my own surrounded by 100+kg ferals in black and white baying for blood. That was about as bad as it could get for a traveling Many fan, but it reminds me of what we've gone through in the past, and moments that defined us.

Another interesting one - I was at Belmore the day Les Boyd got sent off in the first couple of minutes - and we still won with 12 players. Proud to be a Manly fan that day - talk about rising in the face of adversity in front of a massively hostile Bulldogs crowd.

Yes - as you can tell, I'm missing the guts and glory battles that made Manly the most feared (and therefore the most hated) club in RL. Looks like we all are.............
G'day Bob, I must have you by 2 years, as I had to work that day in '78. Have fond memories of the Silvertails/Fibros days. Met a beautiful young lady at Brookie in May 1979, during a Manly v Wests clash; Steve Knight and Dallas Donnelly were both sent off. From memory Max Krilich was hit from behind, and it was on ! My girlfriend and I attended the rematch at Lidcombe later in the year, and the supporters bus was met with a hostile crowd, before and after the game, very ugly. By the way, this young lady became my wife, and we are still madly in love all these years later.

Good player, would be happy to have him

But everyone would have to accept he would be here for a couple of years and wouldn't be that "bleed" for the club type

Mercenary, which can be okay as long as everyone knows what they are getting
Sbw was a mercenary.. now he is a roosters legend

G'day Bob, I must have you by 2 years, as I had to work that day in '78. Have fond memories of the Silvertails/Fibros days. Met a beautiful young lady at Brookie in May 1979, during a Manly v Wests clash; Steve Knight and Dallas Donnelly were both sent off. From memory Max Krilich was hit from behind, and it was on ! My girlfriend and I attended the rematch at Lidcombe later in the year, and the supporters bus was met with a hostile crowd, before and after the game, very ugly. By the way, this young lady became my wife, and we are still madly in love all these years later.
I had to convert my wife to being one of the Manly faithful; both being Manly fans sounds like a match made in heaven.

I caught the train - the western line - in my Manly gear - to Lidcombe station. Talk about running the gauntlet the whole day.

Steve Knight - what a big unit. I recall that he won the strongest man in League on Rex's Sunday footy show, probably for arm wrestling with those big guns. Hopefully he enjoyed the Patra OJ and Viking Sauna. :)

Ps - if Matterson or Brown want to come to Manly and morph into the next Rambo Gibbs - welcome aboard!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8