Ryan Hoffman

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Guys, Ryan Hoffman was unable to be offered a contract to that of which The Warriors could, and was forced out of The Storm next season.

Why aren't we hearing Cooper Cronk, Cameron Smith, Billy Slater & others threatening a revolt like Matai, Foran and Watmough?

Melbournes reaction? They were gutted, but re-affirmed their loyalty to each other, and suggested they wanted to send him out a winner.

Cooper Cronk is better than DCE. Notice how little conjecture there was with his contract, in comparison, with Cooper coming out early to confirm to team mates, fans and club where his loyalties lye, even suggesting he signed for less to remain.

So what is it? Lack of professionalism from the club, the players or a bit of both?

If Manly could have afforded Glenn Stewart, they would have. Do these players all want the club to cheat the salary cap? Imagine the media frenzy then!

Im disappointed in all parties involved, and even if they secure a premiership, it will be tarnished with this. As a member and fan, the players management group, the players and the club for mine are ruining the spectacle of the game, and that's a shame.

Joey on the footy show just now, threw his hands up and claimed, "I just go there, do the half back stuff, and leave".

Says a lot about the culture off the field. Debacle. Ill be in a position one day I hope to offer employment opportunities to these players post football. They aren't doing themselves any favours with their attitudes.

Ryan, If we secure a premiership it will be nothing like Desgate and I will genuinely be a happy fan. I'm not that fussed by all the paper talk. I understand you and lots of others are but my feeling is that most of the angst has been manufactured by the press. It will all get sorted.

Chill Pill everybody. These things happen in every club every year - the big difference is that they are not normally played out on the front pages of the Sports Sections. It is our turn.

The big problem is and has been the various factions who are playing for control. The acolytes and ex-White knights all have too many fingers in the pie, however wrong and right they think they are.

Luke Lewis situation was even more dramatic as he was a local Junior and their Captain before being 'rested' from that burden, then told he was surplus to requirements :cool:

Its the nature of the Cap and the aging of a Sporting personality :sleepy:

In the States, UK etc, Players are traded daily.

Hoffman has been and gone, and been again at the Storm. This won't be the first time he has been forced out. Not quite the same.

My gut feeling tells me that the bond the boys have at our club is far greater than the one at the Storm.

I always felt that not re-signing Gifty was going to be a problem within our playing unit. If everything we hear is true then I am surprised it has taken this long to come out.

Having said that, I will now just wait to see how it plays out. No point everyone on here over reacting and speculating. After all what else would be left for the media to do.

Ryan Hoffman ...pffffft.

They are probably glad to see him go. He has played one good game in 6 years and that was origin 2 this year. He is no Gift.

The big 3 only care about themselves.

They were happy to see Inglis, Blair, Johnson and all the others go.

Bull****. Hoffman, the origin winning backrower is crap and his team don't like him..Riiiiiight.

He is to The Storm what Choc is to us.

Ryan said:
Cooper Cronk is better than DCE. Notice how little conjecture there was with his contract, in comparison, with Cooper coming out early to confirm to team mates, fans and club where his loyalties lye, even suggesting he signed for less to remain.

Im disappointed in all parties involved, and even if they secure a premiership, it will be tarnished with this.

Joey on the footy show just now, threw his hands up and claimed, "I just go there, do the half back stuff, and leave".
Obviously you're speaking with passion about the team we all love.
Few things.
Cronk is 30/31? DCE 24/25? That makes a huge difference in contract negotiations.
If they win a premiership this year I won't be viewing it as tarnished. It will very well deserved.
Who cares if Joey throws up his hands just as long as he works well with our halves?

Ryan said:

johns is doing his best to avoid making any public comment & by saying stuff like that others on the show stop asking him for his opinion.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6