Rusty's backflip

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
JULIA Gillard has backed away from plans for a refugee processing centre in East Timor.

The Prime Minister is under fire for the approach she has taken in securing East Timor’s support for a coordinated neighbourhood approach to stop asylum seekers reaching Australia’s shores. The troubles come on the eve of a possible federal election where migration is an issue biting in Labor’s heartland. News_Rich_Media: Julia Gillard’s Timor backflip Ms Gillard spoke first to East Timor’s President Jose Ramos-Horta, the ceremonial head of the nation, instead of Prime Minister Xanana Gusmao or any members of the government. Questioned on 4BC about the impression she gave Australians that the centre would be in East Timor, Ms Gillard said that was not right. “Once again with respect and obviously happy to be judged on what I say and what I said in the speech was not that. I did not say that.” Ms Gillard said she had said there was no quick fix to the asylum seeker problem and there would need to be discussions across the region. “I’m not going to leave undisturbed the impression that I made an announcement about a specific location,’’ Ms Gillard told 4BC. Asked where the proposed centre would be, Ms Gillard said: “Well, this will have to emerge from the work with our regional neighbours.’’

Prime Minister Gusmao said he was currently “very busy” with other government business and that he had asked President Jose Ramos-Horta to continue discussions with Ms Gillard and report back to him when the plan was more mature, The Australian reported.

But Mr Gusmao gave conditional support to the proposal for asylum-seekers to be processed at a regional centre based in East Timor.

He said he had “open mind” on the proposal, but warned that he would need to see the detail of Ms Gillard’s proposal. Even then, he said at a press conference in Dili, the plan would require extensive investigation by his government and lengthy debate in the parliament before the measure could proceed.

Consultation lacking

Ms Gillard has been accused of failing to properly consult East Timor about her boatpeople plan, with Tony Abbott saying it showed that amateurs were running the country. Ms Gillard should have known to deal with East Timor’s prime minister, not its president, who holds no executive role, the opposition leader said. “The fact she did not know this and did not think to ask this demonstrates that frankly we have amateurs running the Australian government,” he said. But Mr Gusmao denied being offended by Ms Gillard’s diplomatic gaffe. Ms Gillard has admitted she’s yet to speak to East Timorese Prime Minister Xanana Gusmao about her proposal to send asylum seekers to a regional processing centre she wants built there. She said she will speak to Mr Gusmao in coming days, after talks with President Jose Ramos-Horta indicated he was open to discussions about the plan. But Mr Gusmao’s deputy Jose Luis Guterres has already said East Timor was “very unlikely” to agree to Ms Gillard’s plan announced earlier this week.

Negative reaction

Across the Tasman New Zealand’s refugee council has warned that the country should steer clear of backing Australia’s proposed regional processing centre. The New Zealand Refugee Council (NZRC) said Australia had different “asylum issues which are presently bound up in domestic politics related to their own upcoming elections”. The NZRC said it didn’t think Gillard’s proposal to return to Howard era offshore detention centres was a good solution given the â€œappalling conditions in existing Australian asylum detention centres”. “No New Zealand taxpayer funding should be applied to supporting a regional transitional camp in East Timor,” a statement from the council said.

thank you for using rusty crutch

I just wish I could think of something about Tony Abbott I could make fun of
tony-420x0.jpg

Please warn us if you are going to put up a picture of Gillard in her bikini as I will make sure that I have a bucket ready to throw up in.   ;D

I am sure that most men would be happy to be as fit as Abbott.  Just hope that you don't have any pictures of him when he was a priest. 

LOL. 

Gillard could become the next Miss nude australia when she loses the next election. 

BYSO will be wanting to put more than fanta in her pants when he sees this. 

This post is why I hate election time around here

tookey link said:
Please warn us if you are going to put up a picture of Gillard in her bikini as I will make sure that I have a bucket ready to throw up in.  ;D

I am sure that most men would be happy to be as fit as Abbott.  Just hope that you don't have any pictures of him when he was a priest. 

If physical fitness is such a desireable asset for a potenial PM, then Greg Inglis or Mitchell Johnson should maybe look at doing the job when they retire. I'm sure they're fit enough to qualify, physically.

tookey link said:
LOL.  

Gillard could become the next Miss nude australia when she loses the next election.  

BYSO will be wanting to put more than fanta in her pants when he sees this.  

Perish the thought of her pole dancing and you tipping her $5 for a lap dance.

Pass me the bucket now.

A work colleague of mine was sitting next to her in Brisbane Airport (QANTAS Lounge) and he reckons she has a wider load than a fully laden Mack truck. As soon as she stood up her arse just blocked his view, come to think of it as he put it the sun blacked out!!!

Duff link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=183902.msg272473#msg272473 date=1278599125]
Please warn us if you are going to put up a picture of Gillard in her bikini as I will make sure that I have a bucket ready to throw up in.  ;D

If physical fitness is such a desireable asset for a potenial PM, then Greg Inglis or Mitchell Johnson should maybe look at doing the job when they retire. I'm sure they're fit enough to qualify, physically.
[/quote]

Inglis and Johnson.  The first aboriginal prime minister.  Now there's a thought. 

Name a fat Australian prime minister in the past 30 years?  Fraser, Keating, Hawke, howard, Rudd.  What do they all have in common?  They are all relatively fit and not overweight. 

Lack of physical fitness worked well for Kim beazley.  Not.  Joe Hockey's career is also going extremely poorly these days no doubt due to his lack of fitness.  If you are in the public arena you need to at least look fit these days.

It is not as though Abbott is attending a press conference in his budgie smugglers.  He has going for a swim on a weekend for gods sake.  isn't he allowed to have a personal life without some low life photographer taking photos of him in his swimmers. 

it sums up the standard of some of today's journalists. 

tookey link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=183902.msg274479#msg274479 date=1279079621]

[/quote]

Inglis and Johnson.  The first aboriginal prime minister.  Now there's a thought. 

Name a fat Australian prime minister in the past 30 years?  Fraser, Keating, Hawke, howard, Rudd.  What do they all have in common?  They are all relatively fit and not overweight. 

Lack of physical fitness worked well for Kim beazley.  Not.  Joe Hockey's career is also going extremely poorly these days no doubt due to his lack of fitness.  If you are in the public arena you need to at least look fit these days.

It is not as though Abbott is attending a press conference in his budgie smugglers.  He has going for a swim on a weekend for gods sake.  isn't he allowed to have a personal life without some low life photographer taking photos of him in his swimmers. 

[/quote]

Yeah that's all true Tooks.  Still you'd think that he would have worked out that having his nutbag on display is not going to appeal to the broader community. 

The Gronk link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=183902.msg274862#msg274862 date=1279108065]
[quote author=Duff link=topic=183902.msg274479#msg274479 date=1279079621]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah that's all true Tooks.  Still you'd think that he would have worked out that having his nutbag on display is not going to appeal to the broader community. 
[/quote]

I agree that he needs to get with the times and wear boardies.

Then again he probably has Bronwyn Bishop advising him on dress sense.

All I'm saying is that people in important positions need brains, not bodies.

I'd rather have a fatty as the PM than a dumby.

Duff link said:

so you would vote for me duffy :D

Cambo link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=183902.msg275567#msg275567 date=1279203588]

[/quote]

Only if he lived in Alabama ;)

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=183902.msg275571#msg275571 date=1279208034]

[/quote]

Only if he lived in Alabama ;)
[/quote]

They'd love Cam in Alabama.
Maybe you should move there mate. Oh, wait, you're going to Qld. Same thing.

Duff link said:

Agree with that comment.  A rhodes scholar would have to be pretty smart one would imagine?

tookey link said:

Agree with that comment.  A rhodes scholar would have to be pretty smart one would imagine?
[/quote]

We should have gone for Beazley then - a Rhodes Scholar AND a fatty. 

tookey link said:
And hence why Joe Hockey's career has all but vanished. 
I saw him at Eastwood the other day with the tennis star. He certainly hasn't vanished. Seems to have swallowed George Rose's horse!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8