Russia state run doping

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Russia doping in Sochi was state-dictated with secret service backing, WADA report finds

Calls are growing for Russia to be banned from the 2016 Rio Olympics after a damning report found state-sponsored involvement in a widespread doping program that began in 2011.

Key points:
  • Report says Russian Government oversaw manipulation of athletes' doping results
  • IOC president says report shows "shocking" attack on Olympics
  • Toughest action will be taken against those implicated, IOC says
The report found evidence of an elaborate sample switching program under which athletes would provide clean urine samples which were stored in freezers.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-...was-state-dictated-sochi-report-finds/7639792

Track and field athletes were already banned...I wonder if the IOC will go all the way and ban russia?

Obviously Putin will claim it's some conspiracy by the west blah blah blah.

The winter olympics is bigger here (obv) and there's a few athletes waiting to see if they get a different colour medal or not.

It seemed like a comprehensive report.....it'd be a good idea to do that through some other countries. I can't see Russia being the only one...and I can't see the west being sparkly clean either!

A shame really.

A shame indeed, GE. Have to agree about the West, and let's not forget the likes of China. The days when the games were an innocent celebration of athleticism and good sportsmanship seem so long ago, maybe I only dreamed they existed at all.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4