Russel and The Rabbits

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
jbb - sorry if my comments hurt your feelings. That wasn't my intention. I didn't think anyone would be offended by that hoary old '1 hour and 50 years' chestnut in this day and age. It's like that other old one - Q: How do you find your way through Brisbane?
A: Follow the sealed road.

Now clearly that is an outdated notion, but it still winds some people from north of the border up!

My intent was to illustrate that behind all the media psturing and boasting that the Mixamatohs make, none of it, as Harry Truman might say, 'is worth a hill of beans' until they translate it into onfield success. One semi-final appearance since 1989 does not look very impressive. Manly on the other hand, after suffering one of the worst 2 year periods in its history, has still made the semis in both those years and has now extended its run to six finals berths in a row. That is the best finals run of any club at the moment.

Now that we have some clear air, i.e. Stewart in the clear and hopefully injury free, ditto D. Williams, plus the boardroom dramas resolved in favour of the Penns, I am quietly confident that we will move forward again. Also don't underestimate the impact of the change in government at state level next year. I think you will see the pace of improvement (at Brookvale) pick up. There are still more improvements planned with the current funding over the next two off-seasons. Brookvale is (or will be) a better facility than Leichhardt - but no one is seriously suggesting the Tigers should move away from there. And the inner west has a host of good stadiums close at hand, unlike the geographically isolated northern beaches. I also expect that Tony Abbott will eventually win federally and make good on his promises of the last two federal campaigns.

As for management, it appears that Penn is taking on some of the hands on stuff re: sponsorship. Lowe has served his purpose of smoothing the waters and I think he will move on when his contract expires. He should go with our best wishes when the time comes.

Phantar my point of the post is that why are the Rabbits so far ahead with members and sponsorship dollars when they have only made the finals appearance.

6 finals in a row means jack s**t at the end of the today if we dont have any money, no spsonsors, no members= no team.

Have a look at teh numbers we are a poor 4th last in member numbers with only Sharks, Panthers and Warriors worse off. And we dont have a sponsor

Frogz - you are right, no argument with how Souths are successfully marketing themselves. Perhaps we will always struggle in that area though because Manly are not an 'everymans' team' representing an 'everymans' area' - whereas the Rabbitohs possibly are.

Maybe that's another good reason why we should drop the 'Nobody likes us, we don't care' bull**** for something more inclusive? But I can't see it happening whilst we have people both within and outside the Club revelling in that crap and then wondering why we struggle to attract a major sponsor.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2