Run Koula Run

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Because he wasn't re-signed and we were not going to win the comp this year so you don't bump up his asking price by playing him in the shop front for other teams to tempt.

Also if you are picking a top seventeen he is in it no matter where and at the moment everyone fit that isn't centre so why move him if that's where he will be for the firesee able future.

Not saying I don't think next year at some stage he any Turbo shouldn't shift. Koula is a lot better playing both sides.
He should've been put at fullback as soon as Tom folded again. He's clearly the better option because of his speed and we desperately need to groom a decent fullback option for when the inevitable breakdown happens again next year which it will.

Crazy I know but I wonder if the reluctance to play him at fullback has something to do with him shining and wanting an upgrade or increasing the interest from elsewhere. 🤷‍♂️

Perhaps Seibold wanted him to get some games under his belt in a slightly less crucial position before blooding him at fullback.

Look at what happened with Weekes.

Great assessment. Although he played super today, we must remind ourselves this was junk time dead rubber footy on a super fast track. Don McKinnon would have looked good at fullback today.

That said, the potential was on display. He needs to press on and do this against a top eight side under high pressure next year. I haven’t seen much of that yet. Let’s hope he gains the confidence needed.

NYEagle
I fear McKinnon would have "leaked" a few tries at fullback.

I couldn't watch the match today so I've only seen the highlights and Koala looked fantastic. I've had the same thought as the above post: Turbo in the centres with Sandwich, and Koala at fullback. Would it be a success?
Well, Koala has the attributes of the two current most dynamic fullbacks, Pongy and Walsh. Great speed and similar builds. Their stature is a negative when diffusing bombs and in defence but their attack greatly overshadows their weaknesses.
Turbo has proven himself to be a great centre, and the position would lessen his workload. Next season, with the addition of Brookes and, possibly, JP on the wing we'll have a thrilling set of backs - on paper at least.
We'll need our forwards to be faster and more mobile, like the Penrith pack, who do everything at pace.

I couldn't watch the match today so I've only seen the highlights and Koala looked fantastic. I've had the same thought as the above post: Turbo in the centres with Sandwich, and Koala at fullback. Would it be a success?
Well, Koala has the attributes of the two current most dynamic fullbacks, Pongy and Walsh. Great speed and similar builds. Their stature is a negative when diffusing bombs and in defence but their attack greatly overshadows their weaknesses.
Turbo has proven himself to be a great centre, and the position would lessen his workload. Next season, with the addition of Brookes and, possibly, JP on the wing we'll have a thrilling set of backs - on paper at least.
We'll need our forwards to be faster and more mobile, like the Penrith pack, who do everything at pace.
Koula did look great against the Doggies, and I'd say he's cemented his place at fullback when Tom's out in the future. But, putting Tommy in the centres would make him far less effective to the team, Tommy gives us so many options in attack from fullback, it's not so much about the speed it's more about football nous and reading the game, picking and choosing which side to run, and putting the opposition into two minds, playing like a 2nd 5/8 and creating those 2 on one plays that Saab and Garrick score so often off. Koula will be killing it next year in the centres with the inclusion of Brooks and Tommy, let's not weaken the centre position when we really don't have to.

Koula to me should definitely be fullback....when Tom is out. But I also think we could play like NSW did in 2021 where Teddy was fullback but Tom sniffed around like a 2nd fullback. Koula and Tom could do that.

Reuben has done a brilliant job at fullback, but he reminds me off Robbo when he filled in for Snake. Makes very very few mistakes, does a solid 7 out of 10 most weeks....but wont win you games. (wont lose you games either).

But to me the fullback position is vital so when Tom is out Koula must play there.

I'm not arguing with your logic; Turbo is the best all-round fullback in the NRL, when fit.
But: Koala looks so much more dangerous when he has the space and opportunities that fullback offers. I think he is stifled as a centre, and his stats confirm this. Plus: Turbo takes on too much when he plays fullback. Too many hit-ups and being the centrepiece of most attacking raids. Reducing his workload should lessen his chance of injury, which is the main thing we must avoid if we are to be premiership threats.

I thought it was interesting that some of Koula's best work on Sunday was running off ola between him and Saab. I think we will see koula involve himself more from centre next year and hopefully ola will mix it up more too.

I thought it was interesting that some of Koula's best work on Sunday was running off ola between him and Saab. I think we will see koula involve himself more from centre next year and hopefully ola will mix it up more too.

Agree. It was awesome to see Ola ball play on the weekend. Skies the limit for this bloke. He absolutely owned that imposter Kikau.

Yeah, I was wondering why that doesn't happen more often and then I remembered it was coz Guac more times than not, runs from a standing start and tries to bust the tackle and then pass it to Koula. Yesterday he was looking to put him through gaps.

Whilst Koula played well against the dogs he looks suspect under the high ball and I have him behind both Turbo and Garrick. IMO Koula and Garrick are our best center pairing.

Naaaa..... He's had one reasonable game at fullback against... The dogs.....
He also looked sharp when he filled in as fullback a few matches ago. Fullback gives him more space to run. He doesn't get the same chances at centre. It's good that we have three terrific backs who are interchangeable -- Turbo, Sandwich and Koala. Experimenting to learn which is their most potent combination will be interesting.

Early season knee injury no doubt hampered his speed and agility a bit but back to his free running and pacy best for a while now and positional play no doubt getting better at full back as well . Probably his acceleration ability is just as impressive as his overall excellent speed level .
Not to overlook his more then capable defence on most occasions at least when he is playing in the centres .
Bit of a toss up between Garrick and Koula who may be the best fit at the back behind Turbo as both have a lot to offer there all things taken into account

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8