Run Koula Run

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Interesting that DCE used his centre (Rubs) a lot tonight and not too much Ola

Last edited:
Much improved effort from him tonight after last week's stinker. Kudos where it's due! Hoping he gets some confidence from getting off the try scoring mark and the floodgates open!
Mate he only had a bad game because he was being thrown hospital passes and made to tackle for a kid who couldn't. Not to mention the kid who couldn't was the son/nephew of the town's favourite sons who he was going out to play against - Said town - in the position of favourite sons on the home/hallowed ground knowing full well he wasn't good enough to fill those boots and that the boots he was filling as fill in for the opposite team were about to be filled because he wasn't deemed good enough to fill in for them. Filled in😀

Koula goes alright. Newcastle game wasn't his fault and Garrick being older and having a stronger voice sorting Ola out will help both on that side and Koula being more incisive on the left with Shu will pay dividends.

Things are on the up.

It feels like his season just got started last night. The chase and put down of Schuster was sublime and the runaway.try of Fainu, like a race horse easing towards the finishing post.
Yes so good to see the kid stretch out last night. Much better than the battering ram he has been used in previous games. Thanks to the Shu for providing the space and the opportunities. Great combination brewing there and the really good news.....will only get better as they develop their games together.

I think Garrick puts himself in a position to get the ball , Koula didn't he sits behind Oka most of the time
That's a maturity, and a tenure situation whereas Reuben won't have any issues telling Haumole when he needs the ball, and where to be.

Maybe some of Reubens lesser games may have been a subconscious dissatisfaction at being on the wing still too....

Totally agree and made this comment last weekend ....
He is being used as an option runner and the ball is generally going out the back, in a sweep move to find the flying Saab.
There are 3 ways to involve more.
Get in for more scoots from dummy half through a tiring middle after 25 minutes.
Early ball to get a 1 on 1
My favourite idea is switch him to left centre where Parker gets far more ball from shifts right to left and the Schu - Turno - Koula edge would be a massive threat.
Also Parker would play the same role on the right and runs a nice line and can feed a decent final pass to Saab.
Your welcome - but the Parker part maybe on hold, as Gaz lit up that right centre spot last night......the beauty of that right edge is Manly giving Oka early ball, which dragged in the defence so once DCE started throwing long flat balls to Garrick it was basically a 2 on 1 and unlike Parker he has the speed to cash in to either go himself or put the flying Saab away before the slide defence can catch up.

X factor Speed is the Essence of back line Excellence
So Refreshing to have extra speed in the centres with both Rueben and Koula
Both Rueben and Koula left the opposition for dead last night with 2 tries each

Slow sucks and Speed Thrills and Kills
1686355039902.png

X factor Speed is the Essence of back line Excellence
So Refreshing to have extra speed in the centres with both Rueben and Koula
Both Rueben and Koula left the opposition for dead last night with 2 tries each

Slow sucks and Speed Thrills and Kills
View attachment 24027
I was thinking about how happy you’d be with the speed on the edges last night. It certainly made a difference. No red fire in Parker.

I was thinking about how happy you’d be with the speed on the edges last night. It certainly made a difference. No red fire in Parker.
Very Happy feathered friend
We were all happy with 4 tries between the Garrick Koula Destructive Speed attack
The slow Parker model has been superseded by superior Speedier and Skilful Xfactor players

Speed is cocaine on the footy field and gets all supporters and commentators high

Get high on this feathered friends !

Last edited:
Great observation mf76, noticed this to. We now have DCE having options either a short ball to Ola or a bullet face pass to Garrick or visa versa. Then.you have the Schuster Turbo combo doing their thing, what an attacking advantage we now have.
The moral of your story is ...
The more Xfactor players we have in our team the more unpredictable and formidable team we become

Your welcome - but the Parker part maybe on hold, as Gaz lit up that right centre spot last night......the beauty of that right edge is Manly giving Oka early ball, which dragged in the defence so once DCE started throwing long flat balls to Garrick it was basically a 2 on 1 and unlike Parker he has the speed to cash in to either go himself or put the flying Saab away before the slide defence can catch up.
I'd have to go along with that , I've been Parkers biggest supporter on here. But after last night, I've changed my mind, Garrick really added polish and speed to our backline plays. Going of last night, it's Garricks centre position to lose now.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4